Barry wanted out. And Calvin wanted out. Did we screw them over?

But with the Lions…

1 Like

And can we please pull the initials of that bumbling old fool off the jerseys?

He’s not George Halas, he’s Mr. Magoo with a bankroll.

1 Like

2 Likes

Those drive me frigging nuts. He was not a good owner. Remotely.

2 Likes

That is a very good point. Perhaps with the way B. Holmes and Sheila handled the Stafford trade, it’ll help the reputation of the franchise moving forward. Hopefully!

Sanders, yes. Jimmy Johnson wanted him down in Miami, but old man Ford couldn’t part with the greatest player in NFL history.

Calvin, no. Entirely different story.

Deon said, if he is drafted by Detroit he is going to ask for so much money they will have to put him on layaway. lol

1 Like

Heck no. Barry maybe a little, but Calvin resigned with us and he didn’t have to. Man making millions now means people are getting screwed

True

I’ve separated the old Lions under WCF and MFF, from what we now have under Shelia.

Before Sheila

So the media of course is going to focus on BS…not what’s going on now.

They can pound sand with caustic shit.

1 Like

I think the difference is who was in charge of the front office at the time. Chuck Schmidt was a dick and he was vindictive. With Calvin he had Bob whatshisface right?? Oh Quinn…my bad. Brad Holmes, perhaps, was trying to help out his old team while trying to get draft capital for his rebuild. Right now I’ll give Brad Holmes credit for being smart enough to look towards the future instead being a stubborn ass trying to hang on to old star power

What has Shiela done except for inherit a franchise paid for with her great grandfathers money. We are picking 2nd in the draft, I don’t get the reasoning that things are different under Shiela.

1 Like

Just to set the record straight, the word is that Rod Wood was the guy who handled that one.

Star Wars Vacation GIF by Disney Parks

4 Likes

Uh well she signed off on trading Stafford, how’s that?

And she has seemed to have brought in a competent GM and Coach (time will tell but so far much better than the last 20 years of GM’s/coaches)

Copy that…I stand corrected!

2 Likes

Because we’re at the beginning of something new. Everyone knew this year was the beginning of the rebuild. So the record should not be a shock…shit some people are pissed that the winning at the end of the season screwed us of 1OA.

With a new Owner, GM (basically the entire front office), Coaching staff and even the QB…this seems like a pretty easy delineation point from old and the new. The football I saw in December and January give me reason to believe this is different than what I’ve seen in the past. What transpires this offseason is HUGE…what we see on the field next season needs to be much improved.

The reason I am making this point is because I want Shelia to stand on her own account. If her leadership is no better than WCF or MFF…then she belongs in the same dumpster fire bucket as her parents. Whatever…SOL

1 Like

Trading away a QB good enough to take another team to the SB is a good thing? Then she lets Stafford pick his location instead taking the best deal? I would have rather had the Carolina deal and ended up with Sewell & Parsons.

We didn’t screw Barry and Calvin. We screwed ourselves for not using them to leverage picks for our future. That’s why the Lions were also the laughingstock of the league.

2 Likes

I don’t think they got “screwed over” they signed a contract and didn’t want o honor it. That being said, I wish the lions had traded each player to go find success like stafford was given a chance at……I do think it’s kinda petty on the part of the lions……but to me they didn’t screw em over……….

2 Likes