Bears @9

For some reason i believe the Bears were okay falling back to 9 because they believe they can get Jalen Carter at 9… that would be a crazy coup if they do. Sucks that Texans banged us in a way losing to colts lol. Now Bears get all them picks and possibly best player in draft if he falls (I hope Lions draft Carter)

5 Likes

Skoronski. And it would be pretty savvy. Big time flexibility is worth a lot for them so early in the rebuild.

4 Likes

They go O line or WR IMO. It’s very possible they pick between Paris Johnson and JSN.

2 Likes

I’d be shocked if they go WR at 9.

4 Likes

I don’t think he’ll make it till 18 but if so JSN is mighty tempting. He’s gonna get open in the NFL. He’s going to be a terrific pro IMO. Top ten WR kind of guy.

The St. overlap is the only issue. 6 is too rich for me but he’s a coup at 18.

Also, though there is no way Fontenot goes pass catcher again, JSN would be the peefect complement in ATL.

3 Likes

That also gives them the fire power to trade back up… with someone like us, at very low cost to them, overall.

1 Like

I think Broderick Jones will be the first O lineman selected and 9 may be the spot.

1 Like

Hmmm… Never thought about the Bears until now.

ponders if they are as stupid as the Vikes…

3 Likes

I could definitely see it. He’s the most athletically impressive of the top guys IMO.

They get 6. We get 9 and an extra 2nd this year, and an extra 2nd and 3rd next year.
We’d have to take that deal.
Wouldn’t we?

Three picks for three slots. I’m good!

2 Likes

3 picks in the 2nd changes the whole landscape for us.
Having an extra 2nd and 3rd in the bank next year would just be icing.
They still come out ahead. They get their guys, for nothing, basically.

Bears will sit at 9 and take Ol or Defense

6 Likes

Probably.

You think Carter will be there at 9? I think the NFL saw what happened when Sapp dropped…. I can’t imagine Carter getting past the Lions.

1 Like

I don’t think he even gets to Lions I think Sea Hawks take him at 5 I think we take Tyree Wilson one of top 3 DL man we get . After we do the DL will be loaded an we just make it stronger like are OL

We will be solid both edges with Anderson or Tyree or stronger in middle with Carter.

3 Likes

While Carter has some red flags, I’m sure our brass is doing their own research. I dont think he would fall past us. Recently, Tunsil and Parson had flags and have done fine, if not great.

1 Like

I feel like its going to be an offensive lineman.

I posted about this awhile back. I thought the Bears best move was to avoid QB this year and focus on building the team.

1. Give Fields weapons too succeed (which he won’t)

2. Have multiple 1st rounders next year to get your QB

If you took a QB this year you’d have a ton of your fan base going crazy over Fields. If you give him weapons and he still fails, they will turn on him pretty quickly. He’s already had 2 bad years. A 3rd will likely sink him.

2 Likes

It’s a great move by the Bears. They have very little talent on that team and have chance at building through the draft.

1 Like