BEAT THEM

Lions want a lesson in Grit and what it takes to be a Champion?..This Rivalry is a Fantastic
Example!

12 Likes

Dan Campbell Yes GIF by Detroit Lions

5 Likes

Coach Dan will have these guys wanting to beat the packers worse then they want air to breathe.

3 Likes

80% of the guys getting interviewed have broken noses. LOL

2 Likes

It would be cool to see “the fight” recreated… but this time it is Jack Fox pummeling ARog into retirement!

4 Likes

You have to be a good team first.

5 Likes

This is gonna be so dam good!

3 Likes

I can’t wait to see that…

Was talking to a friend yesterday about it, and I don’t know there will ever be another rivalry like that one. They HATED each other. I can’t see another two teams in any sport escalating to that level of talent and mutual hate…

Those were some fun times back then. Seems like just yesterday but that was 25 or more years ago!

13 Likes

I don’t follow hockey all that much, but i did back then.

I can remember being on a business trip in a Toronto hotel and watching the Wings lose a 7th playoff game.

But then, didn’t the Wings embarrass Roy with like 7 goals once? I don’t think Roy was ever the same.

I’m afraid the Lions never did have a rivalry like that — or the Pistons/Celtics, then Pistons/Bulls. Both teams have to be good for more than a year or two. Hopefully we get there.

5 Likes

Yep, I was telling one of the younger guys that works for me about that rivalry. It was probably the greatest sports rivalry I’ve ever seen…but maybe we’re biased too.

4 Likes

It was very intense and as a Maple Leafs fan….I rooted for both these teams to be good every year just to see them meet at some point in the playoffs. The only thing missing was for them to meet in the Stanley Cup finals

4 Likes

That 7-0 game 7 win was in 2002, toward the end of that era. 1997 was the year the big fight happened and the wings finally beat the avs and won the first cup in 42 years or whatever it was.

I agree, both teams have to be good. Pistons Bulls is a good example too!

Edit: also, the wings embarrassed Roy on more than one occasion. The last game he played for Montreal they scored 10 goals on him (I think that was the 95-96 season).

Had they not done that, Roy might never get traded and the Avs might never be that team. Who knows!

3 Likes

We definitely have some bias, however, I think it was well recognized on a national level too. Everybody knew those were the two best teams in hockey at the time, and the coverage it still gets both locally and nationally I think speaks to it not just being our bias.

Ah the young kids, they don’t know what they missed!

1 Like

Our punter just pummeling their DL. (all of them at once). HAHAHAHAH!

So thankful we finally got that box checked.

1 Like

Gotta get some winning seasons under our belt first.

Are they good when they win, or after?

1 Like

After

Win 9+ games with this 2022 schedule and I’ll believe they’re on the right path.

Win 9+ games with the 2023 schedule and I’ll be impressed.

Until then it’s hard to call them a good team.

2 Likes

ouch
:wink:
sure is going to be fun to watch these guys and watch you guys shift.

1 Like