Below average starters

You’re not wrong about adding there but the talent is there at WR. Trufant is an average one. Coleman is better than average at CB3. Your hole CB 2 is where we are hurting.

1 Like

Yeah, see, it’s just a matter of where you’re penciling the guy in. I agree that CB is a much bigger pain point than WR. You can roll Golladay, Jones and Amendola out there with their 65, 62 and 62 receptions and have something that resembles a competent NFL receiving corp. I’m not as quick to say that about Trufant, Oru and Coleman. I’d feel much better with Oru backing up the aging Trufant and a skilled CB starting opposite him.

I see what you are trying to do here.

I think the D-Line is actually close to be OKAY. We play a multiple defense, so if we get an EDGE rushing LB what is going to happen is D. Hand gets shifted inside. Now you are looking at Shelton/Hand inside which isn’t half bad. Hand is easy to forget about, but he had a good rookie year.

IMO, we are three guys from being decent everywhere. A starting OG, a starting/competent edge rusher who can bring heat, and a starting CB opposite Trufant. That would make us not GREAT anywhere, except arguably QB, but able to match up very well. Then stock up WR talent that is bound to be needed soon (something I defintely expect this draft class, maybe get a runner too.

1 Like

10 players below average. Sign Logan Ryan.

The first 3 rounds of this draft can be starters for this team, maybe even 4th rounders this year?

Now six more players to contend. Not to mention a punter thrown in. 7 players to compete now, If Lions take the trade down now 9 picks becomes 11 or 12. . WR deep, RB some good gems, Pretty deep DL group, cb deep too, Fill in the gaps ( sorry to say this ,…) until…

2021 draft mid-range draft order, Draft Kellen Mond to replace Stafford. Then 2022 looks pretty good. This is long ball for any hope in this organization. If not 2030 looking real good!! Just bored…

I think that kind of hard position given the circumstances leans toward silly
It’s not just Stafford but the DL disaster last year
But whatever