Ben announces retirement

No surprise.

2 Likes

I read an article on the throne this morning that there was a deal in place in 2009 to send Roethlisberger to the 49ers for Alex Smith and picks but Singletary vetoed the trade. It was right after he was accused of sexual assault. Singletary believed in Smith and didn’t want to go against his values involving Big Ben. Crazy to think about.

The first time I saw him play was when he was a junior, his last season with Miami of Ohio. First game of the season they played IOWA, he had 4 int’s in the loss. He was one of the favorites for the Heisman, but he never really recovered in that race. In the end, the rest of the season he was 13-0 and threw for 38 TD’s vs 7 int’s and ran for 36 TD’s. Even in the loss you could see that he had game. Interesting that if that sexual assault occurred today his career most likely ends immediately.

1 Like

Is he going to pursue his other passion: getting away with sexual assault?

3 Likes

You can’t rape the willing. ~ Mike Tyson

He was a scumbag. I didn’t realize he did it twice.
https://www.sportscasting.com/revisiting-ben-roethlisbergers-sexual-assault-allegations-in-the-metoo-era/

1 Like

I cant stand listening to the media just cream their jeans about a how wonderful he is now that he’s retiring. He’s an absolute piece of human trash that was talented at the QB position so everyone let it slide.

4 Likes

For all the grief the sports media gets around stupid shit, these are the moments they need to be called out.

1 Like

But you heard about Vicks dogs!!

1 Like

exactly!!! news went nuts when that happened

Yeah I didn’t realize it happened twice with Roth LeS burger until you just said it. Crazy they protected the hell out of him.

If this chaps your ass then I’m not sure how you can fill your time. Athletes, politicians, the 1%ers, and celebrities have been getting away with shit like this since the beginning and it will continue until we blow up this planet.

3 Likes

Sadly you are right. Just look at Epsteins island visitors list.

1 Like

And rightfully so

Both he and Ben are aholes

Its more the norm than not unfortunately

Look at Joe Mixon and Dante Stallworth

Star athletes getting a pass is nothing new

2 Likes

I thought he was referring to the media coverage or lack therof. And I don’t think it’s simply him being a quarterback that made the media go quiet. Deshaun Watson? Michael vick?

Think you’re missing the point as well. I was referring to the coverage not the actual incident.

1 Like

One thing you can say about Ben, he never took no for an answer….

1 Like

Yeah man I’m not losing any sleep, It just makes me laugh how they are fawning over him because he’s retiring.

Isn’t it ironic that Ben’s early career was all about the statute of limitations and his late career was all about being a statue with limitations?

4 Likes