Ben Johnson is Killing It

And stylistically Amon-Ra and Jamo seems like a complimentary pair.

5 Likes

just when D coordinators thought they could ramp up efforts to stop Amon Ra… then we get to unleash some speed they rarely see.

Hell Yeah Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 Like

All while playing two of the better defensive lines in the league with a torn up offensive line.

6 Likes

I agree. Most of the day his numbers were very average
I think he still has a way to go
All and all, his output in the first 2 games does not diminish the odds the Lions draft a QB next draft

I want him to play well enough to earn an extension and avoid drafting his replacement (for now).

This roster could make such a leap over the next few years … phew!!
It’ll get tough to keep everyone here

2 Likes

The offense will also add new elements each week. It’s gonna be an extremely fun offense by November.

1 Like

This thread is a heck of a lot more fun to read than that pregame predictions thread.
Hahaha!!

2 Likes

I thought those two red zone misses on third and fourth down in the first quarter were poor from goff. Both were very makable throws and the receivers were in positions to make plays but the placement was very poor on both.

Then he goes and steps up under pressure and puts the ball where only St Brown can get it a few minutes later.

1 Like

Goff threw for 256, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, and a rating of 121.7 and you don’t think he played that well? Yes he missed some throws, WHICH ALL QBs DO. Our offense has scored 35+ points over the last three games for the first time since 1953. 1953!! We’ve scored a TD in 15 straight quarters, which is a new Lion record. I believe he has thrown 17 TDs against 2 INTs, over the past 7 games. I guess I will be curious to to know what you think a good quarterback would be doing right now?

5 Likes

I’m thinking he will get better. I noticed more poor stat lines from other QBs considered good yesterday.
Tougher early as offenses take time to gel.
Odds are good the Lions will continue to hit +/- 30 points per game moving forward
That would be huge
Could be the best offense we’ve ever seen here in Detroit

READ
I wrote “most of the day”
Until the 4th quarter his numbers were very average
He can do better
Both games he started slow
Yes, there’s room for improvement

3 Likes

Out of 26 teams the Lion’s scored the third highest this week so far. Every QB (every player) can do better…every game. I guess we have different opinions on what good QB play is.

Me thinking of this statement about ARSB’s future.
Rte Plotting GIF by Stellify Media

1 Like

Goff has done poorly in the 2nd quarter in both game
Less than 50% completion%. QBR 56.3
I guarantee you he’s saying he can do better— more consistent.

I’m not saying he’s done poorly, just that he can get better by being more consistent.

Not sure what you find offensive about my position.

His performance is not yet good enough to silence his critics

1 Like

He played fine yesterday though the Swift bailout certainly helped his numbers. I still don’t think his ball placement was all that great. I’m pro Jared. I just think he can play much better even if it’s not ultimately evident in the box score.

5 Likes
5 Likes

NFL.com and ESPN.com has Lions:

• #1 TD-scoring offense (tied with KC)
  • #1 scoring offense (tied with KC)
  • #2 offense (by yards)
  • #2 rushing offense (by yards)
  • #16 passing offense (by yards)

I would also note that the difference between #16 in passing yards and #10 is 55 yards over two games.

With PHI and BUF playing tonight, those numbers could move a bit, but the point is the same. This has been an extremely effective offense thus far, and it doesn’t feel like it’s hitting on all cylinders yet by any stretch.

4 Likes

I went with YPG since neither PHI or Buff has played.

1 Like

Loving what he is doing.

Right now they are the #1 offense so that would be a downgrade

Very average

1 Like