Ben Johnson is Killing It

You are absolutely right about that

Um, we weren’t discussing Goff overall, we were discussing Goff in the Washington game. Husker said he didn’t think Goff played all that well. I responded by saying that he threw for 256 yards, four touchdowns, and zero interceptions and a 121 QBR. Those are Hall of Fame numbers, albeit FOR ONE GAME (I capitalized so you don’t misinterpret and say that I said Goff is a HOFer). And the jury is still out on two second round picks who are dealing with injuries early in their career. Maybe they will end up sucking, but to completely write them off after Levi has been a pro for 17 months and Pascal for 5 months is very premature.

2 Likes

We haven’t even seen Paschal yet, I really liked his college tape at Kentucky, dude is a playmaker if we get him healthy. 35.5 tackles for loss in college is pretty legit. I look forward to seeing him after the bye week.

3 Likes

The same thing was said about Levi. 2 top pics that have yet to contribute anything. Alot of collage tape don’t nessarly transfer to the NFL. He might be a little small to play inside in the pros and maybe to slow to play on the end. I would like to see what he has but like Levi he was draft with a injury in the 2nd Rd and can not get on the field. To me that’s a swing and a miss.

1 Like

How many years do you wait on Levi before he becomes a not good 2nd Rd pic ?

I’m concerned, especially because it’s his back. Although Austin Bryant was injured for 2 years, so was Okudah. And they look pretty good these days. So you just never know with injuries.

3 Likes

Well you can say the same thing about Jamo! Only time will tell. B. Holmes has shown to be a risk taker drafting injured dudes. Mitchell as well. 3 of our draft picks from 2022 haven’t played yet. It’s a bit concerning, but I’m still hopeful.

1 Like

Jamo is a little different he was probably top 5 pic without injury. And they drafted him knowing we would be waiting on him that’s why he was available when we picked him. And Bryant was a 4th Rd pic not quit the same. Hell I would be ok trying Levi if he was in the 4th. But he was out of football for a year, was more NT then penitator in collage and had a bad back. I’m not sure you could do worse then picking someone like that in the 2nd. And he still can’t get on the field because of the same back problem and when he did get on the field he showed very little.

What I’m not sure of is did Levi have back problems in college!? If so, that had to be a red flag.

I read someone here saying that, but I’m not totally sure honesty.

Okaduh is a pretty good comparison. And he did make a 180.

1 Like

“I think everything is, especially when it comes to medical, it’s always case-by-case," said Holmes. "And you’re going back with Levi (Onwuzurike), he was dealing with something that we were aware of and that we knew about. And so, he actually was able to do more than what he was going to able last year. Unfortunately, he’s had to still deal with it, but you just don’t have that crystal ball quite yet. "

I think this is when they were talking about him being red shirted his 1st year. But he seems to say they knew about it.

2 Likes

Yea I don’t understand what we’re doing in the second round. Neither one of these guys was some kind of high end talent you take a chance on to me. I like both of them but not injured.

2 Likes

My point was it is a questionable move, yet there are some that you can’t question him.

Like Goff, there is good Goff and bad Goff. sense the last six games were getting more good Goff thats why were winning. But some still see spots of bad Goff. But some don’t want to hear about bad Goff it’s always someone else fault.
I fully expect Goff to keep improving. But he has moments were he looks a little lost out there, I think confidence is the key with Goff and most players actually.
When Goff is playing with confidence he can be really good, when he starts sec guessing himself and maybe others is when you see bad Goff . He seems to fall apart alittle with pressure and I’m not talking just pressure in the game on the QB

1 Like

I don’t want to nitpick here, but you called Levi and Pascal horrible picks and now are saying that your point was they were questionable picks. These evaluations are not exactly on the same area of the spectrum.

Every quarterback in the league is both good and bad. To date no one has played the perfect season. Right now I see Goff as a quarterback who has participated in a Super Bowl, has won multiple playoff games, and is playing well right now. Why don’t we give him some time to see how the season plays out? It seems that everyone is relying on Sean McVay‘s evaluation of him, not just here but nationally, and have written him off. McVay did sign off on the contract extension for Goff, yes? It is possible for a quarterback, or any player, to go to a new situation and play well. Perhaps for McVay’s system Goff wasn’t the right player. For the Detroit Lions? Maybe he is. Time will tell.

2 Likes

do a search sandman commanders. it was up three days ago

Look you need to keep up, it’s started about being able to question Holmes or like Goff, then I brought in the two hurt players drafted high. I do not think either was a good pic really and I do believe Levi is a bust. Pascal is not great pic in my book because once again we took a guy that was injuried and once again he’s not on the field.

This is nothing but hyperbole, we heard all about his great run and Superbowl appearance. And just because some don’t ignore his bad play and still have some doubts and only see the good, it doesn’t mean people are not giving him a chance or wanting to replace him or even write him off as you say.

But thanks for proving my point, I mean poster question his play and you get a response like yours. And on the other point Holmes is the same way with some every move is great and shouldn’t be questioned.

You’re right, he sucks. We should immediately cut Goff and trade for Blough. I mean Goff should play better than a 121 QBR. I thought we won the game pretty handily but I guess we lost. Ridiculous. There will be plenty of games to criticize his play. LAST WEEK WAS NOT ONEOF THEM.

Good Bye GIF by Nickelodeon

2 Likes