Best run defense stretches in history

Don’t normally see the Lions on these kind of charts

1 Like

There’s a few Superbowl winners in there. Most made the playoffs. Sucks when the team squanders a dominating defense

1 Like

We are on there twice. 2013 and 2014!

That Suh lead defense those two years was special!

5 Likes

let’s bring him back to the D. We need a force in the middle. Levi O is basically Da’Shawn Hand

I hate to say it but I think you’re right.

1 Like

Those defenses were so ferocious.
I had a lot of hope of Levi but he is halfway down the bust road.

2 Likes

This is going to sound weird, but I believe that if the Lions had drafted Odell or Donald that we would have saw a Super Bowl run that year. Or maybe even Lewan. We were just a player or two away.

Doesn’t sound weird at all. I’ve said a ton of times that if we had drafted Donald we win the SB that year

The thing was too that nobody saw that coming. I think we were expecting improvement but not record breaking run defense. It was Caldwell’s first year and I remember that season thinking we were on our way up. Then as soon as it materialized it was gone. Suh left. Levy got a dick fish. Calvin retired. And we were done.

3 Likes

If we had kept Schwartz and Linehan I think we draft Donald and win. The 2013 collapse (and his running after Harbaugh) got us Caldwell and worse Lombardi

I remember an article that Lombardi posted notes around the office pleading for Ebron so he could have his Jimmy Graham

For that I want to stick a post it note on his forehead and I’ll not write what I’d like it to say. Taking Donald was the biggest no brainer in history of the draft and they failed

comp[quote=“TNutZz, post:4, topic:16762, full:true”]

let’s bring him back to the D. We need a force in the middle. Levi O is basically Da’Shawn Hand
[/quote]

I’d love to see Suh here. He’d have to be 100 percent on board with not being on a super bowl contender. But what better way to finish your career where you started. He would be great for our defensive attitude. By next year I believe we are ready to compete in the playoffs.

Better us than The Browns I think

I remember when I was armchair scouting that draft I swore Donald looked like Suh mini. I know they play different styles but I just saw the build and tenacity. I was thinking god we need to have this guy. He would be a monster with Suh. But I knew we wouldn’t take him because we had just drafted DT two of the last three years (Suh, Fairley). Just didn’t think we would draft another one.

It is easy to see now, but I really didn’t want Ebron at all. He was the only player in the top 20 I wanted nothing to do with and of course we picked him lol.

Lions fans apparently all felt the same way. We never accepted him.

1 Like

Apparently Vikings are the top (rumored) to get him. Our defense is so soft up the middle. Suh is so durable and consistent. He would be perfect.

1 Like

I can remember actually looking forward to the other team having a 3rd and 1 or 4th and goal. Because there was a very good chance we were going to stone them. To me, the most exciting and satisfying plays to watch are (a) an unexpected interception by our defense and (b) our defense stopping a team cold on 4th and goal or 4th and one. These happened alot on those 2013/14 teams.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.