Best undrafted rookie free agents w/a chance to make the roster--TDN

Same. Stands out as a dude who doesn’t really doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Nelson for a converted DL has been a solid contributor and has performed well when called upon. When things were darkest last year and they had to buckle down and just run the ball over and over and over, I remember a stretch where he was playing RT and Jumbo TE and carving out impressive running lanes. Not to mention shutting out Khalil Mack. So this writer is off.

1 Like

I’m with you guys… Nelson isn’t going anywhere.
I think he has potential for improvement since he had to learn a new position 3 years ago and get bigger.

3 Likes

Article from The Athletic…… Baumgardner and Burke seem pretty optimistic about him.

1 Like

Has he even done any OTAs I have not see him just on side line once.

I understand when people like a player could be school or home town or state but lets wait till he shows up for more than a cameo appearance

He apparently has an injury… and I see him as a possible PS candidate that may develop over time. He has some nice traits… but looks like he needs some development to make a 53 man.

Deez Nuts GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

deez nutz GIF

1 Like

Not everyone is gifted in that area.

It’s early… but Campbell had positive things to say about him in the latest presser. He mentioned how hard he is working, that he “can really run the hoop” as a reference to agility around the edge, and that Taylor “isn’t going to go away” as a reference to his persistence and drive.

plus…. AG’s nickname for Taylor is a good one….

3 Likes

Yeah, that was some heady stuff for an UDFA to hear out of Dan so early in TC. It was prompted by a question by a reporter and I suspect Dan wouldn’t have riffed on Demetrius otherwise, but it’s clear he’s got their attention in a good way. Can he sustain that impression when the pads go on against the huge jump in competition from Appalachian State? Might could. The change in defensive line focus always seemed suited to his skill set from the little bit of draft info there was on him.

Starts at 5:30 where Dan talks about Demetrius Taylor.

1 Like

From John Maakaron today:

“Players who stood out include…Demetrius Taylor, who is finding his way into the backfield on a daily basis.”

Sure, like you don’t have your favorite dark horse UDFA…
Ice Hockey Dancing GIF by NHL

1 Like

I also heard he was plugging holes, filling gaps, and making significant penetration that Penisini just wasn’t capable of.

I’ll leave you guys to it!

1 Like

He was putting the D into the defense.

1 Like

We could use a Da Meat Hook on this team.

1 Like

You guys are going to love Taylor. He’s kind of like Ed Oliver on the Bills…a little undersized but he’s got that dog in him. Amazing career at Appalachian. He went undrafted, but he’s the Truth.

3 Likes

Welcome, AppSt. I just want Den members to understand that we are not the same person with 2 accounts and that you were not remunerated to lend support to my endless blatherings about draft gem Demetrius Taylor.

Just think: It took teams and the masses a couple of seasons to recognize James Harrison’s greatness, and here in Detroit we are blessed to witness a similar arc in only one preseason!! The Bobby Layne curse is indeed over!! Oh, happy day!!
Dance Party GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

2 Likes

Campbell has

Prince Fielder is a classic nose tackle.

Just dont sign Avisail Garcia for the “hands team”…

2 Likes

Who was the orginal “Da Meat Hook”? I always think of this guy but they are the same age.