Bevell says he'll have Stafford do things he's never done before

“Matthew I’m gonna need to win a playoff game.”

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

5 Likes

…and maybe some light bondage.

That was the part that took me off guard.

2 Likes

You seem to be having way too much fun with this thread by yourself!

I’m excited to see what Matt can do with a real OC calling plays WHILE he’s an experienced QB. He had Linehan when he was young and learning, and that was the phase that Linehan is by far the best at. There are very few OC’s I’d rather have with a young QB than Scott Linehan. He really knows how to simplify things for the QB while keeping it just complicated enough to keep the defense on its heels. However, he can only work his magic for so long…then the defense catches up and Linehan is not the kind of OC who can crank it up from there and go up another notch.

When it was time for Matt to go up a notch, he had Caldwell as his HC and that was enough to change Matt’s game in a positive way. However, his actual playcaller was a frickin QB coach that was completely over his head and trying to run someone else’s offense. That guy was replaced by another QB coach that was over his head and trying to run a mix of someone else’s offense and his own spins on it. This will be the first time we’ve seen Matt with a real OC since Linehan, but this time it’s AFTER gaining experience.

I’m really excited to see what Matt does under Bevell, no doubt.

3 Likes

Completely agree! By a mile our biggest offseason pickup was Bevell! Football can’t come soon enough for me.

2 Likes

You know how it is … bored, alone … ya gotta fill time somehow. Some people play with themselves. Stop kink shaming! :laughing:

1 Like

I’m just interested in seeing what Bevell learned in his time off since his last stint as an OC.

1 Like

he’s going to make stafford hit receivers in stride on crossers and slants? good luck dude.

3 Likes

Do something he has never done before? You mean have the lead after the first quarter?

You read my mind. The first thing I thought of was winning a playoff game. #Lionized

1 Like

Probably “take more than 25% of the passing snaps under center”…

Or, “find the second read who’s open instead of forcing it into the tightest window ever to the primary target”…

2 Likes

I think Stafford ought to roll out more, set and throw or take off with it. Don’t be stationary all the time, move the pocket. Then you can throw it OB without a penalty if nothing is there.

2 Likes

Funny you say that Wise. A couple years ago, when he lost a bunch of weight in the offseason, he looked quicker out there and looked … pretty mobile. He even trucked that Titans player! But he never really took advantage of the openings.

You know who would’ve? I do …

PS Bring Back Mike McMahon

Still better than Joey.

1 Like

Stafford athletic ability is in his arm. On a scale between Mitchell and Vick, he’s way closer to the Mitchell pole

2 Likes