Bevell's Conservative 4th Quarter Play Calls

Not complaining about the play calling per se. Rather the predictability of the play calling. Nothing wrong with running that situation, but when your proclivities give the other coach a high confidence in what to expect, it gives them a strategic advantage

1 Like

Stretch that defense out a bit. Another end of round/statue of liberty like play would be unpredictable.

But like others have already stated, if it didn’t work, we would be complaining about it.

I have to admit that the calls in the fourth were killing me but overall I like what Bevell is doing with the offense. If I never see a LOS screen pass on a 2nd and 15 I will not be sad at all.

Think of it as “prevent offense”. Playing not to lose. Zero chance of an interception.

Really? My memory is not that good. I am senile.

1 Like

Yep, the great finish with Stafford doing the dummy spike almost didn’t happen. There was 1 minute 14 seconds left on the clock and the Cowboys were at our 35 yard line. We were completely out of timeouts and it was 3rd and 14. The Cowboys choose to RUN the football. They pick up 9 yards, but get called for holding on Tyron Smith. That stopped the clock with 1 minute and 7 seconds left. Had they simply downed the football, it would have been 4th down and they would have ran the clock way down on us, making it virtually impossible to drive the field. Instead they kicked the field goal, and Matthew drove 80 yards with no timeouts in 1 minute.

There’s no “right” answer at the end of every game, I just like messing with people who insist that there is. I’ve got a million end of game scenario’s logged into my memory and what I learned from them.

2 Likes