Bidding War

Agreed. While I feel a TD would bring more overall team value than Chase, I would be happy if we got him too. I love how Okudah shows up as a man. Good dude that has lots of confidence and works his ass off. I just think we could do way better.

I feel…
25% chance Young is there and we take him
25% chance we get to trade down
50% chance we pick someone other than Young and stay @3 (most likely Okudah or an OT)

I wanna trade back twice - have 2 firsts and 2 or more 2nds. By the time we get out of the 2nd round, we have Jeudy, one of the DEs, one of the best RBs, and a new starting OL as well. I like that scenario better than Young.

Correct Bo should never be compared to Tua …I have never compared Bo to Tua …the injuries suffered not close. The only comparable would be if Tua were to develop AVN he may have avoided it and that is huge he is not clear of it yet but it looks promising …That is not the issue with Tua …Tua is damaged goods . Tua to me shows he will be back …To what he was? No . Good , real good… I have no idea …maybe close. Again a hip dislocation with fracture that required surgery is a different animal all together.

I’ll take a friendly $25 on that … paid via paypal…? Let me know

1 Like

I actually think Tua’s ankles merit some concern as well. The durability concerns are legit but if he is healthy his accuracy will allow him to excel. Same with Burrow though I know that you feel otherwise.

1 Like

Agreed the other injuries matter and speak to him not staying healthy . As far as Burrow goes …That is not my take on Burrow …I do not think he is special or a special talent …a Damn good QB in the right system . Burrow to me after a year with Josh Daniels in NE would be similar to Brady , better even then an older Brady .
Or he will be Chad Pennigton with the Jets

Sounds good man! Or I don’t mind wiring you directly if the Canada to US banking gods allow it. Whatever works. You’re a good sport, NYL.

1 Like

Yeah. I remember your Pennington comp. Burrow is a much better athlete than Chad was. I think his arm’s a shade better. But as we discussed earlier Pennington would’ve been a damn good QB if he hadn’t messed up his arm.

I like the first one…A bird in the hand can be worth 2 in the bush
2 first and 2 2nd’s would be awesome especially IF we hit on them
too…A huge IF for our staff :roll_eyes:

If I was to guess, I’d say there is a 90% chance the Lions trade down from 3.

Teams can play it cool now and pretend that they like Hebert better, but when the action heats up they’ll be hot after Tua. I think the Lions will get a very nice haul of draft picks if Washington doesn’t trade down. And if they do the consolation prize is Chase Young. I’m more than good with that.

1 Like

I read the Chargers like Herbert. Why spend assets when you know the Lions may not have the desire to draft a QB. Teams know the Lions are in a win now mode or are they is the real question? Personally, I believe Tua buys Quinn and Patrica more time assuming they don’t fuck this season completely up. You can still trade Stafford next year and really have the opportunity to build because you have a QB on a rookie deal.

1 Like

Guys, guys … it’s the time of year when if Team A says they like Player B they don’t actually like Player B. Don’t believe anything you read about teams interest in specific players.

1 Like

I said months ago I’d take Herbert over Tua and he’d likely be the 2nd QB taken… Regardless of injury. I think we see 3 QBs taken in the top 6, if that happens then we should land CY and be smitten with that.

1 Like

Why? Don’t you care whether or not quarterbacks have proven that they can actually excel at quarterbacking?

1 Like

He’s the most physically gifted and pro ready QB in the draft and isn’t rattled by pressure like Tua. He also has zero injury concerns.

He is ridiculously gifted. Great character as well. I know folks here in town that know the family well and swear by all of them. Smart, hardworking, great athlete, great arm. Literally checks every box except the one that says…

__ has proven that he can consistently play the position at a high level.

I prefer that box to be checked if I’m spending a high pick on a quarterback.

1 Like

Herbert has the physical gifts but the red flag with him is he doesn’t see the field very well and does not make good decisions consistently.

This can be one of those things that are very difficult to get better at. When the bullets start flying some guys just melt down under the pressure.

It’s a problem with the scheme they run at Oregon, it’s a one read offense. Herbert is very cerebral, I have no doubt he’ll thrive with proper coaching in an NFL offense.

Three schemes to be fair. The Helfrich scheme, the Taggert-Cristoball-Arroyo and the Arroyo schemes were all different and he didn’t consistently excel in any of them.

You could be right but as a general rule it is pretty rare for players to be significantly better in the pros than in college.

It’s a bit of a projection, that’s why he’s not going #1… He’s Carson Wentz in my book.

You could be right and I would love for you to be. Would be great to see a hometown kid strike it big.