Big play Slay?

Might be time to start worrying about your own business, rather than Detroit.

Ramsey shut down Metcalf … Slay got torched repeatedly. 10 for 177, and should have 260 if not for a poor throw or two.

3 Likes

Did he get that jersey, though?

9 Likes

You realize we suck, right?

2 Likes

Seen this on Twitter. LOL

13 Likes

The Eagles suck too…It was the right time to move on from Slay…Glad we didn’t give him a big extension!

9 Likes

Big play Slay has turned into Big Mouth Slay. I absolutely love the fact he ran his mouth about Patricia getting canned & then played his worst game ever 2 days later. He was more focused on Patricia getting canned than he was on defending DK. I love it.

8 Likes

Just seen his quote… maybe he learned something from here after all:
“I put that game on me. This is by far the worst game I’ve ever played in this league. Props to him (DK Metcalf). He played his ass off. I’ve got to get better”

1 Like

Every child learns humility eventually.

2 Likes

What did we get for Slay, anyhow? A pick, right … who did we take?

We got a 3rd & a 5th pick for him. Jonah Jackson OG in the 3rd & WR Cephus in the 5th.

Which isn’t bad.
Meanwhile we got Jason Huntley for Quandre Diggs.

2 Likes

Neither of those guys are going to make much of an impact in the NFL.

Slay gave up a big play to Metcalf in the 20 minutes I tuned in. Metcalf is a beast for sure. Not many people are going to stop him. Thank god we had Quinn pick Tavai in the 2nd round of the draft instead of Metcalf. Not sure how Metcalf lasted as long as he did just by looking at the guy and watching him run.

2 Likes

Still amazes me too, I thought for sure he’d be a late first rounder, I definitely would’ve taken him in round 2.

Apparently Schwartz approach Metcalf before the game and said he was in Detroit when Megatron was there and told Metcalf you aren’t him. Or something similar

Sounds like two ex Lions screwed the Eagles last night

1 Like

Meanwhile we are in last place and just fired our coach and GM.

We really showed Slay though!

4 Likes

Whst if we had moved on from Patricia that first year and had a coach who got Slay to play like a consistent top 7 corner back who was happy at work for his new competent boss and the direction of the franchise to pair with Diggs , the young safeties , okudah , Coleman and Amari ?

How much would that Slay be worth ?

3 Likes

Silly poster. Don’t you know by now the the Lions organization is always right with the slappies on this board?

You’re fighting a losing battle trying to be logical my friend.

1 Like

Here’s my best attempt at logic on this board.

“I hate Slay now because he didn’t fully support an inept coach who got fired 11 games after trading him, a coach that we now hate.”

4 Likes

I root for Slay, though I’m glad we didn’t re-sign him. We had him in his prime, and someone else is paying him prime money.

3 Likes

Slay in 2020

Zero INTs
4 passes defended

He says it because like Dion, the other teams throw away from his guy…even though his guy had 10 catches for 177 yards last game

3 Likes