• Not at all or as an UDFA

0 voters

By “Early” I really mean 1st round.

3 Likes

What about Late?

1 Like

Not an option for the poll on purpose.

1 Like

I think anything in the first 2 rounds will have this board on fire!

bruce almighty GIF

My preferred route is to get a guy like Stetson Bennett in the middle rounds. I realize we don’t have a 4th, but those are easy to acquire. Anywhere from 4 to 6 is cool with me. I’ve had some lengthy discussions about the fact that I do not want to take a QB in the 1st round. I think its a wasted opportunity. However, if we do I hope its Anthony Richardson. Then a 7th round flier on Sha’Carri Richardson to take the top off. :rofl:

Shacarri Richardson GIF

2 Likes

It feels like more and more people are coming around to the possibility of it happening at #6.

Not too many are actually advocating we do it though, which I would agree.

2 Likes

Wait a minute!

First of all, yes, this board will be on absolute fire for the 1st 2 rounds.
Second, you’re the one who said drafting a mid-late round QB was throwing a pick away. Don’t change now, not when I’m on your side. LOL

1 Like

First, make sure to understand my stance in general for context. The “real” draft happens in rounds 1 thru 3 with round 4 being a grey area. The picks in rounds 5 thru 7 are better used on existing players or to maneuver around the draft in the first 3-4 rounds. That’s how I view the draft. We love guys like James Houston and Rodrigo and fans will always point to them as success stories from deep in the draft. But the reality is that we cut James Houston. He didn’t make a team that needed talent. And even coming up thru the practice squad way to making the team, he struggled to get onto the field for more than a few snaps. As the years go on and Brad stocks the team with more talent across the board, the less chance a guy like Houston would ever see the field. And if you go back to the Rodrigo story, our coaches were doing everything they could to keep him off the field as well. And that’s despite the fact that he looked like a vet right out of the gates. With a more talented LB room, Rodrigo wouldn’t have played either.

Second, the way I view backup QB is that they are best for what they bring to the QB room to help the starter and what they bring to the practice field to run scout team, etc. If they actually have to play, they should only be expected to look competent for 2-4 games before defenses catch up to them and they fall apart.

Third, my discussions about taking a QB in the mid to late rounds are with people who are trying to find starters or at least “starters in waiting.” They view it as a big lottery ticket where we might score big if we just keep playing the game enough times. I think you would agree that recent history suggests that’s probably not going to happen. So there are better ways to use those picks outside of playing QB lotto.

5 Likes

My choice at QB would be Herndon Hooker, and we’d probably have to take him with the first 2nd round pick.

2 Likes

That would be dumb. By the time he is NFL ready he will almost be 30 years old.

He just turned 25 January 13th.
Some of you want another starter. I’m looking at a solid backup with potential.
You know why he isn’t on everyone’s lips, right now? Because he can’t participate.

1 Like

Stay Confident !!..You are over the Target…That’s all I can say right now.

3 Likes

I’m used to hearing that.

Hooker will be ready by camp. So unless he ages 5 yrs by then… like a year a month… he wont be 30 by the time he is ready. Because he will be more ready than richardson or levis.

The problem is I think hooker will go mid to late 1st rd. He wont make it to lions picks in rd 2.

1 Like

Hooker wont be ready to be a backup because he is a rookie, so that back up will be Sudfeld or hopefully better. So his vakue starts when he is season age 27(he will be 26 and 8 ton10 months if he had to come in in 2024), or a year younger than Goff is now.

We want an actual backup that can come in and play and keep us in games. That’s not Hooker. The tram is targeting the playoffs and needs a guy that can keep them on track if Goff is down.

If we wanted a guy like Hooker, we should have drafted him last year.

1 Like

So you get Dobbs back and draft Stetson late.

1 Like

Kid is 25. It’s gonna take 4 years to get him NFL ready? He would be NFL ready in 2024……

1 Like

Orrr, QB at 6, then trade 18 and our two 2nd rd’ers to move up to pick 9 and take a TE, watch the hillarity ensue…

2 Likes

Quintricia & Millen are looooong gone. Like Ernie used to say.

2 Likes

A friend of mine bought me an album of Ernie doing the 1968 World Series. He was effortless in his job.

1 Like

If we take AR at #6, there will be no freakout. If we trade up for AR, there will be freakout. If we take any other QB at #6, there will be freakout. I will not freak out, I will not freak out, I will not freak out because Brad is not streetracing the bus.

Next question.

2 Likes