Bijan Robinson is just killing it

Bijan is better, and I’m not sure it’s super close, but he’s also going to probably go top 15 which makes him very unappealing for us. We don’t need to spend a top 15 pick on a RB we’ll replace in a few years.

Here you go…

4 Likes

Yeah I know, the day of a college player getting paid more to stay in college than go pro is upon us. If it’s not him it’ll be someone else

4 Likes

In a run first offense, thats exactly the type of RB i want. Pair this Oline with a RB like him or Gibbs, and then Jamo and Charks speed, with Amon Ra, we’re talking potentially the best offense in the league. It’s truly a damned if you do damned if you don’t situation. Heavy 8-9 man box we’ll kill you through the air, play to potect the pass we’ll run it down your throat.

11 Likes

His jump cutting ability is so elite, he looks like a bigger/stronger Barry Sanders at times with how elusive he is.

Can those knees hold up!? Not sure, but shit that kid is a physical freak.

He reminds me of a combo of Barry Sanders and Saquon Barkley. I don’t think I can give a bigger compliment than that.

7 Likes

Brad Holmes is that you!? I hope it is. Because you are spot on brother!

7 Likes

going to say something here, I am not for taking a RB high, yet Swift has become a #3 and we have no idea when he’s able to play or if he does, how long he can do so once he is on the field. SO, I am not against drafting a very good back this offseason.

2 Likes

I feel like this might become a legit “thing” for RBs.

A guy like Bijan is probably worth more to a big college program like Texas than he can make in the NFL….

especially when many RBs don’t get a big 2nd contract even if they declare early.

The only thing is that a 1st round RB gets a lot of the money guaranteed at signing…. and the NIL money is likely only a 1 year deal.

3 Likes

all this said, that does not change the stance that we need a elusive, healthy, fast, agile, tackle-breaking, good-handed RB to add to the group, I am getting to where the days of Swift are numbered/seasons, and time here.

4 Likes

That is a really good point

While I understand the comparison, he doesn’t appear to be outrunning folks the way some do…just in hi lights I’ve seen (very limited exposure).

3 Likes

Christian McCaffrey is the highest paid RB in the NFL at 16mil a year. Say we draft Bijan Robinson and he goes on to become the next Adrian Peterson, would you feel comfortable tying up 20mil+ (market value in 5 years) AAV in an extension on Robinson? If your answer is no then why invest a first round pick? Ideally, Those are your core 10+ year starters.

It is tempting as Robinson could make this offense special, but I think it’s a luxury pick.

3 Likes

I’d prefer going defense… but if you can get AP 2.0… shit that is tempting!

The Lions already have a very good run blocking o-line.

2 Likes

In my very best Bill Lumbergh voice

Ohh…Yeah, I think I’m gonna have to disagree with that take

Was Barry worth a first?

I promise you Eric Dickerson was

My man, are you sure about this

You really think he’s THAT good…WOW!!!
If he’s even close to that → sign him up

1 Like

In my Bill Laimbeer voice …“Detroit vs Everybody”

3 Likes

Not at all brother… just talking about the kid for shits and giggles.

1 Like

Ok, let me rephrase…

In 2022, these running back prospects that we have this year are noy worth a 1st round pick for most teams.

I think Bijan is worth a late 1st for a team that doesn’t need a CB as bad as we do, but we have bigger fish to fry than taking a RB round 1.

If we did take Bijan, I think it would be a good pick and that he’d be very successful here, but I can’t see how we ignore CB.

2 Likes

Let’s say the eagles called and offered a 2nd round pick for Swift, then maybe I’d consider Robinson if he is around with our 2nd first rounder. We could then package a 2nd and 3rd to move up for a CB in the back end of round 1 and still have two more 2nd round picks.

Jalen Carter
Bijan Robinson
Brian Branch/Joey Porter/ Clark Phillips
LBer
WR/TE

Maybe grab a guard kickers and a WR/TE.

Todd Gurley was the straw that stirred the drink for the Rams. I will gladly take that.

3 Likes

I agree with you, if the dude is gurley prime you take him… Just because we draft bijan doesnt mean we cant get a cb it really is just up to holmes to find the right player. Ultimately we have 2 firsts 2 seconds and a 3rd right? Plus free agency, this is where the rebuild is working towards… next season.

4 Likes