Bills apparently tried to trade up with Dallas at No. 123 overall for OG Stenberg

General Manager Brandon Beane said he was trying to trade up for an offensive lineman but the trade was called off because that offensive lineman was picked just before the spot the Bills were trading into. Ryan Talbot of NewYorkUpstate.com connects the dots and concludes that Stenberg is the offensive lineman the Bills were targeting.

Stenberg was viewed by many draft analysts as an excellent value where the Lions got him, 121st overall. So it wouldn’t be surprising if the Bills were one of multiple teams considering a move up to grab him.

The deeper dive if you’re into that level of detail:

3 Likes

Did Jerry Jones throw a temper tantrum on camera? Did the Bills fans blame the GM and say no one will ever trade with him again?

5 Likes

flicked that beane back to his place in line

3 Likes

I think Stenberg is going to surprise. Not going to win the cover of the Body Issue, but he has that good ole boy country strength. I’ve watched a couple all play cut ups of him and come away impressed.

4 Likes

If he can be effective he will likely become a fan favourite
Everybody likes the throwback guys

1 Like

Lol

1 Like

I wanna know who we were worried about taking our first guard.

2 Likes

Guessing they were just worried about kickin’ ass, bro!

I agree and it’s not like he has feet of cement either. He’ll be fine to run inside zone stuff. Only question is, do we have one starter or two this year. I really think they will like the results they get from Stenberg over Wiggie.

You know what would be a fortuitous occurrence? If they changed the rules so that you were allowed to have two guards on the field at the same time.

3 Likes

I hope so
I’d love to see that guy cut
Then we know OL depth is improving

Yup - I don’t trust officer Wiggins in the starter role. Great to see them rotating. IMO, Keeps a backup on his toes and “head in the game” in case of injury. That said, they may do less rotating, as the new dudes will likely outperform Wig in every single way.

Wiggins, who will be 32 during the season, was signed to a vet minimum contract, plus a $137,500 signing bonus with no salary guaranteed.

The Lions could easily move on and not miss a beat. However, given his familiarity with the offense, one would think he (and Oday A) should have the inside track over Garnett.

Aboushi, who is 29, got more money than Wiggins: $1,050,000, plus the $137,500 bonus with $162,500 guaranteed.

Garnett, who is 26, got more $$ than either one of them:

$1,250,000, a $50,000 bonus, plus a total of $250,000 in roster bonuses.

Chris Burke
@ChrisBurkeNFL

Aug 14

1. Mentioned it during the game: That was about as well as Logan Stenberg has played since the Lions drafted him. Still plenty to clean up, but the nasty, mean run blocking was there. He buried a couple of defenders. Lions need him to build on that showing.

Chris Burke
@ChrisBurkeNFL

21m

Dan Campbell on Logan Stenberg: “Feels like he’s starting to turn the corner a little bit.”

Justin Rogers@Justin_Rogers

On Logan Stenberg, Campbell said it feels like the guard was listening to his comments ahead of the padded practice and the second-year player is trending positively. Had a few fundamental issues in the preseason game, but was an otherwise solid outing.

Nick Baumgardner
@nickbaumgardner

·

32m

Dan Campbell just now on Stenberg: “I guess he was listening.”

kyle meinke@kmeinke

Logan Stenberg is starting to turn the corner, according to Dan Campbell. He’s strung together some good practices – including getting Trey Flowers off his feet in one-on-one pass-rush drills – before playing well in the preseason opener.

3 Likes

Good to hear Stenberg is making some strides. We need guard depth.

3 Likes

We may even need one starting guard

3 Likes

Good to hear. Loved the pick when made, but was disappointed the first season. Personally, chalked it up to a shitty coaching staff.

2 Likes