Bills at Lions Preview--from the Opponent's Point of View

Ummmm we’re in trouble ! :yum:

1 Like

I mean, this is a message board, so that quality is part of the essential mix here.

1 Like

3 wins in a row!!!

Respect Me Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE

Regarding, Jamo. We all know he won’t be starting three days after his first practice. But will be play a few snaps? Will be be game day active? Would be sweet to see him debut in front of a National Audience

Clearly they are not unbeatable!
While it’s mostly a glimmer, there will be hope in each of us at 12:30 Thanksgiving Day.
Yes, odds are against the Lions, but until the game is played …
What I don’t want is a massive let down after 3 great weeks— that would be all too familiar territory.

At the very least, keep us entertained for 60 minutes!

1 Like

Juuuust gash 'em for an 80 yarder

1 Like

When the Lions went into games last year where they were clearly out classed in talent they pulled out all the stops. The Rams game is a fantastic example. I would expect potential fake punts, surprise onside kicks, flea flickers, etc.

This game has a chance to completely change the mindset of this team. We have won three in a row, which is great, but we are on par or better than all three teams we beat. Buffalo is in a completely different weight class. You beat this team, in front of the home crowd on Thanksgiving, with a national audience watching, and these guys will feel like they can beat anyone.

The coaches have to know that and I would expect they are planning to be aggressive. This is a game I can see Campbell not taking 3 points at the 3 yard line because FGs aren’t winning this game. They aren’t gonna punt on a 4th and 5 at midfield. This should be a fun game and I really hope we are at least in the fight for 4 quarters.

5 Likes

Legitimate Super Bowl Contender

Hell they were the favorites of a lot of people going into the year, and still are IMO. KC, Philly, and Buffalo are in a class all by themselves this year. As much as it pains me, Dallas could join that conversation as well with as dominate as their pass rush can be.

1 Like

Yup

I hear you, and until these last three games, I probably would say the same. But I think Dan has seen something different in these three wins, especially GB and Chi. Those teams pretty much beat themselves. We’ve played pretty conservative and let them do that. The biggest thing is that we’ve avoided penalties that so often kill us.
With Buffalo in high stress mode due to snow storms, short week, travel etc. they may be ripe to beat themselves. We have to continue to make fewer mistakes. I usually don’t mind gambling and higher risk plays, but honestly, that isn’t how we’ve been winning.

1 Like

I could be wrong on this one, but settling for FGs and playing “safe” football won’t get us the win against Buffalo, even with the caveats you mentioned. Green Bays offense was sputtering. The Giants havent scored more than 27 points all year and their WR is decimated. Chicago’s offense is unsustainable and is a bottom 5 unit in my eyes regardless of the recent surge due to Fields rushing ability. Those teams you can play conservatively.

Once again this is just my opinion, but one I am pretty confident in. I honestly am half expecting an onside kick to start the game if the Bills get the ball. I personally wouldn’t do that, but Dan has done it before and I could see him wanting to try and give this team a spark early.

2 Likes

It would be a mistake for Dan to play desperate gimmick ball all game long. Sure we are outgunned and big underdogs.

If we lose, we lose. If we start passing up FGs early, onside kicking it, fake punts etc all game, and still lose it’s just going to make us look lame. Like Schwartz chasing Harbaugh in a white wind breaker lame. Endure the hard hand shake like a man, dude

That’s exactly what I don’t want to see! That’s coaching scared and it sends a horrible message to your team.
Btw, did we win that game?
See, either way. All you do is tell your team you don’t believe in them.
I believe that if they execute, they will win.

4 Likes

I think you are spot on! The Bills are 2nd in offensive yards and 2nd in total points scored. The Lions defense has been forcing turnovers recently, and we are going to need at least a couple more vs the Bills to make this a game. The Bills don’t punt often.

If we can score 30, we might have a shot. We aint beating the Bills with field goals.

You take points, and keep adding them.
How many games have we lost by 3 points or less?
Act like you’ve been here before, and don’t coach scared!

2 Likes

On draft kings it was 10 today i took points for lions . .20 bucks turns to around 40

I think many of us have different ideas of what “coaching scared” looks like.
Our D is stepping up more.
Our O has potential.
We are outgunned, from a talent perspective.

NOTHING that Dan has ever done was “coaching scared,” IMO. Ever.

When you go for it on 4th, are you scared, or are you aggressive and showing faith in your defense?
Did we lose to the Rams because we “played scared” or did we keep it in the ballpark because we were hyper-aggressive.

This team is not scared.
Dan is not scared.
They are looking forward to playing and EXPECT to win.
…that’s why every one of you is curious, if not excited, to watch this game.

ATTACK them sons’a’bitches!!!
Let the dogs out
Go get’ em

3 Likes

I don’t understand how that is coaching scared? That is called being aggressive. If the Lions are kicking field goals in the red zone and not scoring touchdowns we’re gonna lose this game.

1 Like

To me it’s not desperate. To me it is understanding that the team you’re playing against is better. When you play a team that is clearly more talented than you you need to make that difference up somehow. Whether that is being extra aggressive, forcing turnovers, or playing mistake free football. If the Lions play safe football on Thursday I don’t see any way they come out with a victory barring this defense forcing several turnovers.