Blough released!

Frankly the bar is so low I can live with it. They must have felt that the rest of the prospects were equivalent enough that they could check them out after waivers. And Blough or Boyle or whomever is fine for the PS.

2 Likes

He is the back up Tell me who they should have signed for backup this season. He might win a game if Goff misses one I don’t expect him to but the other two didn’t.

The dude the Jets just cut.

2 Likes

Called it.

Nice job staff. Can’t preach competition then let those guys stay after playing so poorly

4 Likes

Think i know who you mean i don’t know either one so i will go with Lions staff

The short answer is no. He cannot be much worse. The preseason let us see a great big black hole of suck from our QB depth. How can you be worse than that? (I hope I didn’t curse this guy)

This saying always gets me, is not any worse , isn’t the idea to get better. Not just well it can’t be any worse.

1 Like

His physical build is similar to Goff. I’ll be happy if the only time our backup takes the field is for victory formation. Let’s just keep our fingers crossed for Goff’s good health.

2 Likes

At times
I thought he should’ve started for a young Stafford
But nobody was sitting Stafford ever

I’d love to see Suh at back up QB

• oh wait maybe I misread that
1 Like

The Dude?

A guy who could only be a backup in the CFL?
" Streveler previously played two seasons as a back-up quarterback for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League (CFL)"

2019 in CFL 8 TD’s and 14 Int’s starting 7 games as a backup

1 Like

We should pick up QB Davis Webb. who was surprisingly cut by the NY Giants after an outstanding preseason (60 completions out of 81 attempts, 457 yds, 3 TD, and zero INT). He was the successful heir apparent to Jared Goff at Cal. It would seem that they would have a strong connection and work well together.

3 Likes

That would be an interesting pick up

Where is Dave Krieg when you need him?

2 Likes

Blough cut?! Golly! Just … gosh …

1 Like

Not that this matters but the scary thing is that Boyle and Blough are rated higher than Webb and Sudfield in Madden

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they’ve met and talked but their playing time at Cal did not overlap at all. Goff declared for the draft after starting as the Cal QB for 3 years. Davis Webb was a Tech Tech Graduate Transfer the year after and only played one year at Cal after Jared was gone.

I think Blough will be back along with probably 10 of the cut guys.

1 Like

Even more shocking than signing Sudfeld is that we considered trading for him!? You gotta be joking.

1 Like