Blough Vs Boyle Who You Got?

I think Blough has everything that Boyle does not, and Boyle has the things that will keep Blough from ever being a starter in the league. Looking at it objectively it should be clear to everyone that Boyle is who he is and will never pan out in the NFL. At this point the only thing I can assume is that he is really impressive in person, so it clouds the staffs judgement of who he really is on the field.

1 Like

I picked Boyle only because he clearly was their #2 last year. I didn’t see either play Friday.

2 Likes

Either Boyle has dirt on one of the coaches and is blackmailing the team, or he’s particularly good in preparation and study for an opponent like Orlovsky was and provides that unseen value that we as fans really wouldn’t know about.

1 Like

Really liked Howell also, I think bringing him along slowly will make him a good quarterback.

This is a good breakdown of rookie QB play from the preseason.

At the moment, I would go with Boyle.

I think he provides a little better mobility along with a stronger arm.

These next preseason games can move the needle one way or the other.

It’s a very close battle.

2 Likes

Holy shit! I never noticed that?!?

1 Like

Lol autocorrect, was supposed to say great arm!

1 Like

3 Likes

I don’t really know. I say Boyle because I think he has more upside, but if he can’t be consistent he is not going to cut it. Blough seems like a fringe roster QB at best. He has some moxie, but he also just doesn’t quite get it done.

2 Likes

I think Boyle has more talent but to me he will only realize his potential with a lot of game reps. Kind of a choice between a guy who can keep you in a game (Blough) and a guy who probably can’t (Boyle) but who might also be the better choice for a long stretch of games.

2 Likes

My main issue with Boyle is that he can be wildly inaccurate. Like…can you fix that? I’m not sure you can. But he has a live arm.

2 Likes

The den has spoken!!! Which means we are keeping Boyle for sure now. haha

스크린샷 2022-08-14 1.20.30 PM

5 Likes

Haha that’s why I didn’t put it in, because that would be the runaway winner I’m sure

2 Likes

the wizard of oz film GIF

2 Likes

LOL
I knew what you meant. I’m ALWAYS gonna try for the joke.

2 Likes

LOL. Yup.
I would love to see us draft an athletic guy as a backup. Sort of a guy that the other team didn’t plan for. Like when Billups and Hamilton went out, you had to play against Hunter and James…Shifting gears like that is difficult and very helpful.

Maybe even a Drew Stanton-type. Dude loved being here…was here for several years, loved it here, was totally fine being a backup, etc. He was good enough to give us a chance, and with the type of roster we are building, a game manager will be good enough to get W’s much of the time.

1 Like

I’m with you, a backup that can make things happen with his feet is a great way to fill in for a few games. Someone like Taysom Hill with the Saints, I like that in a backup. When he does something different than the starter. If the starter is out long term, the team is probably screwed anyways.

2 Likes

I always felt like Drew Stanton and mike McMahon got a bad deal… poor coaching, team in transition… definitely think they both could’ve been better in a better environment

Not saying either would’ve been superstars, but I think they could’ve been a lot better had they been given better guidance at a young age. Even Stanton went on to have a pretty decent backup career didn’t he, wanna say with AZ?

Haha for sure… that’s funny you caught that… I went and reread my post and was like “well damn am I saying he has an alien arm or something?”

Stupid autocorrect always gets me even when I don’t think it gets me!