Bob Quinn looking to work fewer hours

drama triangle.
Think little boy looking for attention.

3 Likes

More context for the comments made by Quinn.

2 Likes
1 Like

He knows the writing is on the wall. It sounds better to his kids that he’s spending my time with them by choice vs. getting fired by Detroit.

Here is the video that ugly Ig totally misinterpreted…

I actually feel better about BQ watching and listening to these last three days of post draft videos… very like able and articulate

4 Likes

Can you name the great, difference-making players your GM has acquired in five years?

“Well, he’s very articulate. Seems to have a great family.”

And, for me, you hit the nail so thanks

God and Family before work… period.

I hope you place the two the same priority wise

2 Likes

How selfish do I have to be to believe that MY FANDOM of the Lions is more important than Quinn’s family?

Bob Quinn needs to work more, spend more time away from his family…so I CAN HAVE MY SUPERBOWL!!!

1 Like

Actually, my point was he can spend as much or as little time at work as he’d like, so long as he’s getting the job done.

Would you like to contend that he is?

Some people just are not equipped for the job.
It doesn’t matter how many hours I spend on trying to build a ship that can fly to Mars…it just isn’t going to happen.
Doesn’t matter how many hours Quinn spends on the Lions, he still is going to suck at his job.
I will give him credit that he is putting in time, unlike Matt Millen.
And Quinn doesn’t get fined for violating the Rooney Rule, calling his players cowards, and calling an ex player a fag. The guy was just a piece of trash through and through who did nothing but steal from a senile old man.
Quinn is a little better. He only is stealing from a senile old woman and not causing a boatload of controversies.

As someone who has worked remote from a home office for many years. There is a difference in “working less,” and “working more from a virtual/remote environment.” Whether he is in “in person” meetings at Allen Park, or via MS Teams, who the F cares? The point he was making is he could get what he needs to get done away from 16 hours days in Allen Park. But hey if I can come here today and find something to twist to make Quinn look bad, well… of course…

3 Likes

all good, thought the thread was about Quinn working fewer hours.

He and 30 other GM’s didn’t get the Job done.

Quinn needs to do better. Not going to question that.

1 Like

Or he’s changing the culture and whenever you do that those who are not going to make the culture fit cut are not going to like it. Who did we send down the road? The guys who all bitched about having to PRACTICE… OUTSIDE. So if THAT is what we should protect at all cost, then I guess we should hire a bunch of starry eyed groupies who will do whatever the players want to do. Maybe take a vote to see how long practice should last, how many sprints, don’t pick on anyone, make sure it isn’t too hot or cold. Screw the motor city. Bring in the champagne and strawberries. Seems like all the pundits are praising our draft. We got bit by injuries last year. Had guys like Harrison not playing hard (admittedly). Some things you can’t foresee. We in the backseat should see the big picture more. I do get it is about results and it’s high time. We’ll see. I’m not going to blame the staff for having conflict with diva players when you are trying to rid your organization of divas.

3 Likes

The Eagles and Seahawks are 2 of the best organizations in football and willingly took in these “divas”

Even in the context of the Lions, Slay was apart of the Lions “culture” change that took them from being the worst franchise in pro sports to winning more games than they lost.

2 years ago Quinn tried to trade 1st for a 29 year old tight end who had missed 4 games season on average in his career.

You don’t do that if you think you need time to change your culture

If Quinn wants sympathy from the avg fan, he is not going to get it. The guy holds one of the most privileged positions in the NFL and getting paid accordingly. I wouldn’t give a damn how you feel, win games (which you are paid to do so). Also, you’re are paid to find the best players for the Lions. Stop looking for sympathy. You know what you were getting into

Look bro…No matter what you say: This guy’s gonna hate on the Lions. They, however, make it easy. Best thing to do is ignore him. He rarely adds anything to conversations regarding the improvement of the team. Nothing. Advice: Don’t engage. It just makes the thread longer.

I’m aware of iggy and his style. Been talking w him for nearly a decade. I’m trying to be objective w him rather then 1) just ignore him or 2) resort to ridicule.

Why do those videos look like something Max Headroom should be in? Maybe it’s just how the background is or something

1 Like

The background is fake - literally colored in I think…

Recall BQ talking to the reporters about their different backgrounds?

I think it’s a security deal so you can’t see anything draft wise…

Could be wrong

1 Like

Changing the culture of a 35-29 team over the previous 4 years? He took a winning culture where players wanted to go out and play for their head coach and changed it to a shit show starring Matt Patricia, a guy who can’t even bother to show up on time to his own meetings, makes enemies with all of his star players for no reason, and is clueless as can be. Great idea to change that culture.

1 Like