Bowl Game Quarterback Performances™

Potential future QBs. We’ve seen Willis with a strong performance in his bowl game with 5 total tds.

Today I’m watching the first half of the Carolina Mayonnaise Bowl and while I’ve seen a couple beautiful balls from Howell, I’m mostly surprised at how little impact he’s had on the game. One great sack avoidance move against a free rusher, but got sacked by the next guy. Not very effective with the legs. South Carolina with the big pass plays, and looking impressive without key players. Guy has a nice arm, with good mobility… but unc is an even record team.

I like that he’s playing, and it’s not even a question mark for him. Loves the game. Loves his team. Wants to compete. Unfortunately, nothing here to make me fall in love.

Love that we’ll get to see Corral, Ridder, and Young (future consideration) play. I’m especially curious about Ridder vs Alabama. Tough matchup, but probably better than Georgia for him.

Who are you most excited to see?

1 Like

Kyle Maclachlan Reaction GIF by CBS

Just messing.

2 Likes

The 2023 crop.

2 Likes

Yep, not really interested in any of this years QB’s.

1 Like

Mentioned him couple weeks ago…

Tuas brother tulia tagovailoa from maryland… looking good. Smaller buf good.

Houston qb…peyton tune…

These are both guys going back to school though

Wanna see how Ridder does against alabama so long as his OL holds up

This is a great idea for a thread. I have nothing to add regarding the QB’s yet, but for anyone watching Tennessee/Purdue, how about that Payne Durham play???

2 Likes

I woulda liked to see strong play but he opted out. This site has compared him to Stafford lol.
2022 NFL Draft Prospect Preview: University of Nevada QB Carson Strong - Behind the Steel Curtain

I do not see it with Sam Howell at all.
Decent runner for a QB, in the Josh Allen mode. But as a thrower? Just a guy.

He is nothing like Stafford in my opinion

I heard he has a big arm but I’ve never seen him play… it woulda been cool to see him in the bowl game

Stafford was mobile in college. Much more than he is now.

Strong cant move well at all. Also doesnt have as strong as an arm as Matt did.

This is my opinion of course.

Brutal day for Ridder, with Cincy being completely outclassed on the line on that side of the ball. Anytime he tried to push the ball down the field, there’s two guys meeting him in the backfield. Tough sledding.

Will Anderson looks unblockable. Competing with Bryce for 1oa next year. :fire:

2 Likes

Has Bryce young really looked that great? Agree with you on everything but he hasn’t been lights out or anything today

1 Like

Not nearly as good as the play by the official on the 4th and goal. It’s impossible to score on the forward progress prevent defense.

I bet Strong is not on the draft board for several teams due to health. He has the knees of an octogenarian.

My concern about Young is that he’s small and isn’t lightning quick like Murray to compensate for the small frame. He has a really good, accurate arm but I don’t think it’s overly special. What makes him special is his calm under pressure and ability to make those off platform throws and improvise sort of like Russell Wilson but I don’t see him as the generational talent that others do.

1 Like

He’s surrounded by nfl talent at the college level. Tua was special, how’s he doing these days?

1 Like

Most accurate in the nfl, or so they say. Watched Miami the other day. Wasn’t really impressed, at least on that side of the ball.

Pass on Ridder and every other qb this class

Franchise needs to pass on all.these scrub QBs this year

Fan base get rowdy…

Who’oo

Ill smack em down

This class is terrible

mma bear GIF by DAZN USA