Boyle gets the start

Looks like Goff is out for Sunday. Are we excited to see what this offense looks like without Goff? I kinda am. Certainly no idea if it’ll be better, but one would think it can’t get much worse than last week in terms of passing. Wondering if Boyle being about to move in the pocket will allow a few more splash plays in the passing game?

3 Likes

If Boyle has a pulse Goff’s goose will be cooked.

2 Likes

Hopefully, he’ll throw the ball more than 5 feet per throw. That way, we can really say our WR corps really sucks.

3 Likes

Glad to see this, I have low expectations, but I hope he shows enough to garner 3-4 starts.
Remember, this is his 1st NFL start, his timing and speed of the game are going to take a minute to a adjust.

Goff must be so happy to not have to get smashed in the rain by Myles Garrett all day.

Not expecting much from Boyle, but can’t do any worse than Goff. We got nothing to lose. Maybe Boyle will surprise us.

4 Likes

I think they chose Boyle bc he won’t outplay Goff by a mile , vs starting Blough. Boyle is more apt to screw up to.

I think very good chance we see both Boyle and Blough. I’d put money on both playing in the game.

4 Likes

This needs to be underlined and bolded.

Goff looked so much better than either of the backups during the offseason and preseason, it was startling. I hope no one is really getting their hopes up.

5 Likes

And see that weather forecast. Going to be a tough day for any QB. Baker included.

Hell I’ll be excited to see the ball travel in the air more then 10 yrds , even if he misses. Hell Goff longest throws is throwing it out of bonds on 4th down he really steps into them.

4 Likes

Come on guys?! Boyles worse the Goff at this point?

Let’s see the last five games

You read it and figure it out

I want Hoff to succeed but a chance of pace is needed and he needs to rest physically as well as mentally and spiritually imho!

Boyles will be equal at the worst imho

4 Likes

I didn’t even realize it was that bad. 1 passing TD’s in his last 5 games? Not to mention all the garbage time opportunities he has had to bad his stats against the Bengals and Eagles. The fact that he had negative passing yards after the 1st quarter in two of the past four games has to be a record of futility.

2 Likes

Super Bowl Boyle!

Unfortunately only in madden on rookie level! lol

1 Like

I am constitutionally unable to not get my hopes up. I wish I knew how to quit the Lions.

jake gyllenhaal film GIF

1 Like

I think we all have seen enough of Goff to know how bad he is. At least with Boyle he is an unknown. Odds are he sucks, but at least we don’t know that for certainty yet.

1 Like

Whoa, we’ve got the Hoff?!?!

david hasselhoff GIF

6 Likes

Where there is Hoff! There is…

David Hasselhoff Cali GIF by Baywatch

2 Likes

2 Likes

Love you guys!

2 Likes

If we are lucky maybe Myles Garrett will try and kill him with his own helmet in the first quarter.

cleveland browns dance GIF

Then we might have a shot after he gets thrown out

1 Like