Boyle running the first team with Goff injured

Ugh… the last time I remember feeling this way was with Garcia. We were just completely impotent with him in there at the end of his career. Boyle is going to be way more reckless than Goff. But at this point, I’m like give me a guy with a good arm that will at least pull the trigger downfield, and he will. He can also run and extend plays that Goff most certainly does not. We may not win any games with him in, but I predict it will be a heck of a lot more fun to watch than this has been under Goff. Like the guy as a human being… but this is the QB of my team we’re talking about and he is not cutting the mustard.

1 Like

So basically we’re reduced to hoping for the second coming of Mike McMahon. I liked him. You never knew what the crazy SOB was going to do with the ball, but at least he made things more interesting than watching Harrington throw a 2 yard out on 3rd and 8.

10 Likes

The Office 50 Days Of Nard Dog GIF

1 Like

d&d nerd GIF

2 Likes

Exactly…

I’m more like Erin in this .gif

Cute?

1 Like

Anybody know if Kendall Hinton is available?

It’ll help that he’ll be running an offense with all the starters. He didn’t have hockenson and swift in the preseason. I’m also hoping he’s better having another 3 months to learn the playbook. I guess we’ll all find out together assuming he’s the guy this weekend. I have a sneaking suspicion they’re not going to run Goff out there against the Browns pass rush.

3 Likes

I’m actually looking forward to Boyle or Blough starting. Not that I think they are better QB’s or anything, but it could show us if Goff is really broken or if the WR’s are just that bad

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to all of them not playing for the Lions anymore

2 Likes

girls look GIF

2 Likes

Maybe that’s why they went with Boyle. He’s least likely to show Goff up.

2 Likes

This could be a moment for the team to show how they really feel about Goff.

If Detroit manages to win a game and the offense looks at least serviceable, I’d expect Goff’s injury to “linger”.

3 Likes

It’ll also be something different for at least one game. Even if they play terrible it’ll be nice see a few throws longer than 10 yards.

2 Likes

this all seems like a worse version of the joey vs mcmahon debate

2 Likes

That is basically where we are at! Just embrace it! The Tank is on!

3 Likes

For those pining about his poor college career….

“A prep legend who won three Connecticut state titles in high school, Boyle played at two colleges for four head coaches and five offensive coordinators in five college seasons.”

Maybe by now he’s settled down some and ready?!

1 Like