Brad Allen wasn't in the room when Campbell explained trick play?

Wait I thought Dan went and found him after the meeting and explained it to him. Not sure where I read that but will try and confirm.

From Prideofdetroit.com

There’s also the fact that the Lions also disclosed this play to officials prior to the game. There have been two developments on that front since the end of the game. First, Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk noted that Allen was absent from that meeting. Tom Pelissero confirmed that report, but said that Campbell later approached Allen one-on-one to give the specifics of the play.

2 Likes

I wonder where he was instead of at the meeting?

Criss Angel Smoking GIF by DefyTV

Dan explained this in his press conference today and compared it to the end of the Saints Rams playoff game.

The PI call that wasn’t. While it was bad, it was still a judgement call like any other PI.

This penalty at the end of the Dallas game was worse than any other I have even heard of because we did everything right and points were actually taken away to cost us the win.

2 Likes

He hasn’t specified but it sounds like there was also an interaction with Allen prior to the game. On the field was my assumption.

I don’t understand why the league can’t just admit the official screwed up. Its so juvenile.

2 Likes

One more time, Brad Allen was not the only Ref on the field. All that proves is the incompetence of the crew, at best. It’s the officiating crews job to get it right!
Not the Lions. Not the Cowboys.
He doesn’t get a pass! The video evidence is damning! Are we going to call Decker, Sewell, and Skipper liars.
Decker said he checked in. Goff told him to, gave him a nudge. Sewell was a witness.
Skipper said he didn’t check in.
The officials were told ahead of time.
The video shows it all happening and the ref is looking at Decker. I don’t know how anyone can believe they were talking about the weather.

3 Likes

Isn’t the point of a meeting with an entire team of people designed to communicate all issues to all people concerned….

and thus….

an effort would be made to communicate the details of the meeting to those who didn’t physically attend the meeting?

I mean…. that is what we do in my profession……

2 Likes

He’s the only guy that gets reported to.

Exactly. Penalties like PI and holding are subjective. There was nothing subjective about this one. It was a procedural error. Brad Allen simply did not do his job; in fact he did his job incorrectly.

2 Likes

awkward kobe bryant GIF

Well, then, who did Dan explain it to “in detail”.
Somebody was there. He wasn’t explaining it to the Lions organization, they already knew about it.
There’s something bullshitty in a whole bunch of this bullshit.

1 Like

That’s exactly why I made this thread. If the head ref isn’t in that room, that’s a gigantic problem.

2 Likes

Maybe the head ref was still meeting with jerry jones and the dallas cowboys cheerleaders on the party bus.

2 Likes

The Lions were hoping that running Skipper onto the field and reporting as eligible, throughout the entire game, would make the Girls defense assume that Skipper running onto the field again on this play is just more of the same, and simply overlook the fact that it was actually 68 reporting as eligible this time, not 70. (Even if the ref had told them that 68 was eligible).

Their minds were conditioned the entire game to assume that 70 was reporting as an eligible… just as he had all game long.

It’s brilliant on Dan’s part. High level strategy.

And …

It worked to absolute perfection!

On the phooking head referee! He fell for it hook, line, and a very heavy sinker!

He did it twice. Which, I guess, is twice as many times as Decker, but, the “whole game” narrative is an exaggeration at best.
This particular “exaggeration” is a carefully crafted deception by the damage control experts.
Skipper played 3 snaps the entire game.

2 Likes

MCDC confirms that Allen was not in the meeting, and that normally only officials that will be on your sideline attend that particular meeting.

However, he did say that he explained it ON THE FIELD during warmups.

https://twitter.com/971theticketxyt/status/1742230083832525152

Wow. Even more egregious incompetence by Allen. To have it explained right before the game and do that?

1 Like

Intentional. He didn’t appreciate being used as subterfuge and made sure he wasn’t. I know that not everyone agrees with me, and that’s 100% OK. That said, dude’s a turd no matter which way you look at it and should be let go.

Oh wow, I could have sworn I seen him out there often. But, hey, I’m blind so what do I know…:grin:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.