Brad Holmes in Pasedena scouting Thibodeaux

Get him out the game now ! There’s nothing in ncaa for him to prove and his risk of injury vs whst hed mean to lions … snd money at stake …

1 Like

Agree Goff should hit the weight room. He has little bird arms

You know your team is going 0-17, when your GM is traveling across the country to go scout/watch the 1st pick in the 2022 draft in week 7.

2 Likes

The question for me is, if Sewell struggles all year and Decker goes on IR, do we spend another high pick on another T?

Kinnard or Cross will probably be available with the second pick

Kristen Wiig No GIF by The Lonely Island

2 Likes

What I want in terms of OL is a commitment to building depth. Like at least two quality depth pieces added. I like our starting unit.

Sewell is going to be just fine.

1 Like

Honestly, it would be hilarious to see. I wholeheartedly agree with Thats2, in that we need difference-makers, period. Unlike last year’s difference-makers being WR, this year’s looking like Edge. That’s as easy a ticket to turn in as last year’s Sewell pick. Still, the meltdowns here would be worth the price of admission.

I’m guessing this has a ton to do with the Lions being in SoCal for the Rams game.

3 Likes

One thing about QB … I do want to make sure we pick our guy of the future while John Dorsey is still part of our brain trust.

1 Like

Totally agree. But I think Hamilton might change our D the most.

WR is pretty deep. I wouldn’t mind grabbing one both with the Rams pick and our second rounder.

They could grab 2 with both, similar to last year’s DT double-dip, and I’d be OK with it.

1 Like

Tim Thibo-Deaux

My draft wish list:

A supremely rangy safety
An off ball LB with some serious wheels
2 outisde WRs (one that is ready to start and contribute week 1)
Two day 3 OL depth pieces

Beyond that I’m open minded and that could change of course based off of free agency.

1 Like

I feel like KT is heads above any other prospect in this draft. Like there seems to be a tier gap there between him and say Hamilton to me.

I’m sure he was going to the Rams game, and took the opportunity to do some scouting.

Please let us get a badass pass rusher that changes the entire D.
Let’s get Thibz and a crazy good LB, like this White dude in Tampa (I’m not racist, his actual name is white, and I’m pretty sure he’s “black”)

so…
Thibz with our first pick
WR and White equivalent with other first and 2nd rounder.

I think we are in a win/win situation at #1 if we stick there. Thibodeaux seems like an early slam dunk #1 and with his character and work ethic I doubt anything changes there. I honestly like our group of edge rushers already, but we are definitely lacking a game changing edge. We can sit there and grab the best player in the draft or dangle the #1 as trade bait if it makes sense. It looks like the Eagles may be sitting on two top ten picks this year with the way it stands today. They could also desperately use an edge rusher. Maybe it plays out so we get both those picks and come away with Hamilton and Adam Anderson/top QB.

I was hoping an Edge rusher or QB starts to rise to the top as we have a very strong need for both and they are probably the two most important positions in football which always creates trade interest.

As much as I love Thibodeaux, I also think the idea of getting a player like Hamilton who may be just as good at a less important position on top of extra picks is also very enticing.

2 Likes

I know I will get killed for this in here as any talk about “magic beans” is seen as a negative, but at this point draft talk is where we are at now. Could you imagine getting both the eagles picks in the top 10 to go along with our Rams 1st rounder and our 2nd rounder which is almost a 1st rounder too. That would be four picks in the top 33. That would be a major infusion of talent and if we would hit can turn this team around in a hurry. Would be able to grab a S/QB/WR/LB’er.

I am excited about what this team does this off-season as with the staff we have in place I finally have confidence that they are building the right way.

1 Like

It always sounds good but history doesn’t favor teams dropping down and stacking picks in the same draft. Its kind of a weird “stat” that not alot of people know about. There are 2 mega homeruns (Ogden/Lewis…Sapp/Brooks) and a bunch of interesting picks where somehow the team managed to pass on a good player to trade down and take 2 busts.

1 Like

All I hear from that is “blah blah blah”.

What we need is MOAR BEENZ!
shark

1 Like