Brad Holmes: Lions' Defensive Line is a "Strength"

I’m not sure what to make of this statement. The statistics and the eye test don’t back this up at all. They need big help in this area.

1 Like

Going to listen to the interview now… Could be a throw off on draft intentions

6 Likes

Yeah, not giving out draft intentions,

5 Likes

The season of misinformation is upon us…

10 Likes

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak”
-Sun Tzu , The Art of War

5 Likes

Yea, I heard that too. It’s code for we are 100% drafting a D-end #2.

4 Likes

In theory, if Romeo returns to form, and Harris returns and backs up his late play, and Julian continues to improve, and Levi & McNeill develop, and…

That’s the challenge right now. Without a crystal ball, it’s hard to know exactly where we’ll stand next fall. I still see safety as perhaps the most defined opportunity for improvement.

6 Likes

I think that’s how Brad sees it. At least that was the impression I got.

And Hutch to that group, and it’s got a very promising future. They would all be 26 years old or younger.

1 Like

I’m not worried at all about Alim. I expect Onwuzurike to take a jump. I’d think with his back issues requiring rest, that had to affect him physically over all. Hopefully, they keep that under control while building him up to what he can be.
GIF by PEEKASSO

2 Likes

I’m more or less on the same page with you. I trust Brad’s evaluations. H’s going to miss on quite a few of course and one of those might end up being Levi but for the time being I’m still optimistic that he can be a solid pro.

2 Likes

Any specific questions about the draft and position group strengths/weaknesses I ignored… dude is not going to give any of that away. The reporters are playing the game in misinformation season

1 Like

When he starts talking about Flowers he stops making eye contact with the reporters for the entire answer. It’s the only time he does that through the whole interview. I now believe Flowers will be gone.

7 Likes

One thing that’s already a change from previous regime’s is that they’re letting the young guys take their lumps. I don’t know if I know of another Lions regime that would’ve had the balls to play 2 UFA cbs in Parker and Jacobs or for that matter let Barnes and Levi go through their struggles to learn what they need improve on during the offseason. I don’t know what kind of players Barnes and Levi are gonna be, but I think this regime is going about them the right way.

3 Likes

Yeah but I don’t think anyone who watched the Lions play this year thinks our DL is a strength.

He’s not fooling anyone with those comments.

3 Likes

Appear handsome when you are bald

3 Likes

tanner curveball GIF by MLB

1 Like

He also knows that he’s not fooling anyone else with the answer too.

I think the bigger issue with onwuzurike is his strength. How much do you want to bet he was training on his own last year. If true that would put him even further behind where he needed to be strength wise this season. We’ll see what he looks like with nfl strength next season.

3 Likes

Add he sad :
“With Trey, we’re talking about just the ultimate glue guy,” Holmes said. “Ultimate leader. He’s what we’re all about in terms of grit and being just a football player. So it was unfortunate when he had to deal with what he had to deal with. But again, those discussions are going to be for down the road.”

2 Likes