Brett Favre update

Surprised it’s still only a civil suit against him, for now anyway

That’s what a little fame and some money will do for you . . . anyone else would have already been charged.

2 Likes

I’ve been so busy lately that I’m not up on the intricate details of this story (not sure I care to be either) but I’d think the prosecutor will have to prove Farve knew where the money came from.

He didn’t actually steal it. He just accepted stolen money. Correct? They would have to prove he knew it was stolen.

I know there’s the texts but he can just spin those into another story.

What do they have on him otherwise? …. I’m asking because I do not know.

1 Like

It’s not stolen money, it’s fraud. They’d have to prove that Favre committed welfare fraud.

1 Like

Two biggest thing against Favre is him sending a text that seemed to indicate that he knew the funds were coming from somewhere shady as he asked if the media could find out. Then it was discovered that the governor sent Favre a text indicating that any money directed away from specific welfare activities would be considered illegal.

So it’s pretty apparent that Favre knew these funds should not be used for a volleyball arena. He will most likely get a slap on the hand 1) because he can hire expensive lawyers, 2) he doesn’t have a criminal history, and 3) he’s Brett Favre.

4 Likes

But that doesn’t prove Farve knew the money he received was illegal.

I would think they would need to prove he knew exactly where the money was coming from and received it anyway.

Let me give an example…. me and you are sitting around talking about you lending me money.

We discuss possibilities by text and one possibility discussed is illegal. You explain to me if we used that route it would be illegal. So I ask you. Could it come back on me in anyway? (Out of curiosity) you say possibly… We go on discussing options. At a later date you give me money. I later find out you took it illegally.

The prosecutor claims I knew where it came from based off our prior texts.

I claim I did not know. We were just talking about options. I didn’t agree to accept illegal money. I just pressured you to give me money and you chose to do so illegally.

That is pretty much all Farve has to do.

Maybe they have more than that on him but if that’s all they got, their going to need more is my guess.

1 Like

3 Likes

No I get it. He didn’t actually steal the money but it’s pretty well understood he knew where the money was coming from. At a minimum it’s a pretty scummy move when he is most likely aware that the money is being taken away from needy families / children. At worst he accepted stolen money and knew it was stolen, which is illegal.

What makes it a little difficult for Favre is that the governor told him that it was illegal to take money from the welfare fund and use it for other purposes and Brett asked specifically if the media could find out about it. So he knew that the money was coming from funds that should not be used for a volleyball arena.

2 Likes

Yep, that to me is the big one. He knew exactly what he was doing. What a dirtbag.

2 Likes

I wonder if anything is going to happen to the people that made sure he got the money as well.

1 Like

Lets all look up the legal definition of conspiracy…

Then you have more whistle blowing than a Lions game when we are busting the spread in Vegas…

This is the 2nd inning.

There is never just 1 cockroach.

4 Likes

The difference between a conspiracy and the truth is usually about 18 months.

100% agreed. It runs deep. The NFL has been getting exposed more and more these days, which is great in many ways. But, in other ways it makes me care way less about the games and why I haven’t spent a dime on them in years. Perhaps also good. Perspective is everything in life.

2 Likes

Awesome!

Reaffirming the POS that he is.

Says every NBA guy with a “Foundation”

Is there a business that exists today that would be considered a corporation that isn’t scummy :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Check your B Corp companies.

There are corporate cultures that want to give back and some do better than others.

B Corp Certification is a designation that a business is meeting high standards of verified performance, accountability, and transparency on factors from employee benefits and charitable giving to supply chain practices and input materials.

2 Likes