Brian Kelly to LSU

Per multiple reports.

Crazy movement.

1 Like
1 Like

Gotta wonder if Urban has seen enough of the league and packs his bags for ND.

5 Likes

it’s almost weird to me that Kelly can have as much success as he does. He’s a smart MF’r. Great X’s and O’s guy. I took a Philosophy of Football elective from him, when he was still at CMU. Dude has the personality of a slug.

Interesting to see him make the move. Curious move, to me. He is a great recruiter. He had zero interest in teaching us. LOL. No effort at all.

5 Likes

Wow that is bizarre… thought Kelly would’ve been at notre dame forever… along with Lincoln Riley leaving OK for LAaaaaaaa…

Egos and cash are for real

1 Like

That’s pretty cool though, you were a student of his! And he didn’t give a shit… interesting… he’s definitely going into the pressure cooker of LSU! We’ll see how long he lasts there…

1 Like

Additionally, why I’ve always respected the heck out of Tom Izzo. That guy has had a billion offers and stayed true to the school and his players. He deserves to be in the state of Michigan hall of fame if he’s not there already. But he has stayed true to his school (just like that beach boys song) and he’s never been a job jumper. Anyway, I think that speaks a lot to his character and I wish there were more people like him in that regard.

3 Likes

Absolutely ZERO affinity for the bald. Dude gave everyone an A. LOL. Biggest joke of a class I’ve ever been a part of. He only showed up a few times. Was mostly his assistants teaching.

1 Like

That is Very cool. I’m with you!

2 Likes

Lol sounds like a guy just trying to fulfill whatever “teaching” requirements he was assigned.

1 Like

Guaranteed.
It’s part of the territory and “prestige” of the university. English professors are expected to be published, football professors are expected to profess football. LOL.

1 Like

I’m surprised noone has backed the Brinks truck up for the Iowa State coach yet (I kid, I kid).

I’m loving this movement right now and I hope it continues. I don’t like job hoppers who leave kids in the lurch every couple of years, but I enjoy watching a long time coach like Kelly move on to try something new. That has to be exciting for him. As far as schools, he no longer has a national fanbase like he did at Notre Dame. But on the flipside at least he owns his own state.

2 Likes

He really has worked his way up through the ranks.
GVSU to national championship
CMU to MAC Championship.
Had the Bearcats competing at a much higher level…
Then off to Notre Dame.
Good for him.
And now, the next endeavor.

2 Likes

LSU has gone from a real cajun who used to bring chicks he was banging to practice…to Brian Kelly. Pretty big change there. I’m guessing after what they went thru with Coach O they were looking for a coach that didn’t spend as much time showing up on TMZ.

3 Likes

Kelly lives football. From what I can tell, it’s the biggest part of his identity.

1 Like

Orgeron is like a more successful, less likable version of Dan Campbell.

I have to imagine Kelly felt stifled by ND standards. Should have very little restrictions at LSU.

2 Likes

This really could be a thread within this one. With the latest turmoil off the field in the NCAA, does UM cautiously approach locking down Harbaugh? Kelly & Riley have bolted solid programs, while Penn St threw $ at a, ahem weak coach and MSU tossed the same at an unproven (yet respected resume so far).

Just asking, UM fans…

1 Like

I don’t quite know what to make of it all. I feel like Harbaugh could improve his recruiting. The moves w/the coordinators seems to have worked. Next year, they could develop more continuity and improve…IF they can replace Hutch. They’ve had QB issues forever, but seem to have a solid one now.

Im the wrong guy to ask. I’m confused on most issues that don’t concern Fox or Sewell. Those are 2 things I’m very confident in.

1 Like

I lived in Louisiana for 9 years. Don’t say he will have “little restrictions” too loud. If an LSU booster hears that they will march down to the school and demand answers for why they have gotten more strict…when the deal was supposed to be “no” restrictions. :joy:

**LSU college entry questionaire:

1. Have you ever taken cash from a booster or agent?
  2. Have you murdered anyone?
  3. Did you fail high school?
  4. Do you have pending gun charges?
  5. Do you think when she says no, she actually means yes?
  6. Have you been charged with a drug crime?
  7. Can you ball?

If the answer to #7 is YES - Welcome to LSU! If the answer to #7 is NO, please feel free to reapply when the status of #7 changes to YES.**

5 Likes

That’s just great.

LOL

Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes