Broncos fire Hackett following 4-11 start to yeare

Even the Rams have a better future than the Broncos do. The Broncos have without question the worst future in the NFL

3 Likes

Browns might be screwed as well

1 Like

Wonder what Erin would fetch…

1 Like

Does he even want to play anymore?

1 Like

Browns won’t really know if they’re screwed or not until next year. I’m not sure anyone can expect anything great out of Deshaun after a year and a half off.

With his contract… Rodgers will be playing next year for sure.

Aaron Rodgers signed a three year, $150 million contract with the Packers on March 14, 2022. Rodgers received $101.4 million in full guarantees and $150.66 million in injury guarantees. Rodgers received a $40.8 million signing bonus as part of the contract.

3 Likes

I think they will give Wilson a chance under a new coach…

but I also can see a possible “Brock Osweiler” trade happening n the realm of possibilities if it doesn’t work out.

They may have to sen Russ… plus a premium pick to another team to get somebody to take his contract.

That would be crazy… considering Russ already cost Denver 2 picks in the the top 10 (1 of them top 5)… plus a 2nd eound pick…… and a few good established players.

4 Likes

The only way they could trade him is if they paid 70-80% of the contract and even then who would want him!?

1 Like

That is why I mentioned the Osweiler trade.

I think the Broncos may have to send Russ and a 1st round or 2nd pick to another team…. in exchange for a 7th round pick.

His contract is structured so that 2023 is reasonable for the Broncos to hope he can turn it around…. but if he stinks again…they could be be motivated to move him before the $37 million in 2025 money becomes guaranteed following next season.

Trading Russ after 2023 drops his dead cap hit from $85 million if he was released… to about $48 million.
Definitely sets up well for an “Osweiler” trade.

2 Likes

Worst deal in nfl history, gotta be!? Does anything even get close to it!?

2 Likes

They’ll bring in a bigger character to fill the room with, rather someone who’s been riding others coattails.

2 Likes

LOL, Pack. Thanks, I feel better now.

2 Likes

There has been chatter about Sean Payton building a staff… and wanting to coach a team with an “established” QB… rather than a full rebuild.

I was
wondering if this is the team on his mind.

Interesting side note… Vic Fangio is supposedly the guy he wants to be his DC when he returns to coach… so that makes Denver an intriguing landing spot!!!

2 Likes

Kyler Murray and Deshaun Watson (both also this past offseason) get pretty close.

2 Likes

For sure, but at least those guys are young.

3 Likes

A cadre of folks that have no idea what they are doing. This is what happens when you appoint people because of their names.

"Walmart heir Rob Walton, the oldest child of Walmart co-founder Sam Walton, bought the Broncos along with his daughter, Carrie Walton Penner, and her husband, for $4.65 billion, a global record for a professional sports franchise.

Walton said Wednesday that his son-in-law, [Greg Penner] will serve as CEO of the team. Penner said he’ll soon hire a team president. Those roles had been held by Joe Ellis, who is staying on this year as an advisor.

Penner said he’ll be the point person “but this is an incredible group. We’re going to draw on all of them.” LOL…

The ownership group includes limited partners Mellody Hobson, Condoleezza Rice and Lewis Hamilton. Hobson is CEO of Starbucks, Rice is a former U.S. Secretary of State and Hamilton is the winningest Formula One driver in history."

They made Pete Carroll look like a football Einstein.

4 Likes

In before the lock.

Rules are rules.

shrugs

2 Likes

Of all the coaches to take a shot at….
Pete Carroll came to mind?

Pete has 17 NFL seasons as a coach.
In his past 16 seasons… he has 4 losing seasons.
No season more than 3 games under .500 record…
and the 1 season of 7-10 came when his starting QB was injured.

His career winning percentage is almost .600 — which puts him in good company… and wona SUPER BOWL!!!

1 Like

They traded their 1st and 2nd round picks in 2022 and 2023. Do you think a team would still do it for a 2024 1st or 2nd rounder?

IDK… just spitballing here.

This is a REALLY unusual situation… and I guess that is what made me think of the Osweiler trade.

It may never even be a consideration for them….
but it seems Russ’ contract… and his “persona” may not age well in Denver. He might have to “ride” into the sunset… or on to greener pastures… or just get a bus ticket for his next ride.

1 Like