Buggs or paschal

The 35.5 tackles for loss sure pops though! Dude can make plays.

1 Like

Ture but 10 sack guy for a guy that’s best is 5 with all the pass rushers we have is a tall order.

1 Like

Agreed, and honestly we don’t need Paschal to be a 10 sack guy. We need him to play good run defense, get a bunch of tackles for loss, and create some pressure on the QB. We got lots of dudes that can sack the QB. Hutch had 9.5 as a rook, Houston had 8 in 7 games as a rook, Harris had 7.5 in 2021, Romeo has had 10+ before. Even Julian has had 5 sacks in a season. The Commish also has a ton of pressures last year.

The nascar unit is going to be really good, the question is can we stop the run consistently so we can use the nascar package frequently. You have to earn the right to rush the passer by stopping the run.

3 Likes

Yeah I really like Paschal. His style of game-can help win you a ton of games, but doesn’t usually translate to 10 plus sack seasons

1 Like

He had 5 sacks in 12 games… which is about a 7.5 sack pace based on 17 game schedule.

Considering that NFL teams throw more than they do in the SEC… he would also have more rush attempts per game….
so it really isn’t a stretch.

I honestly think we have our 3T with McNeil. I’m super pumped to see him play this season. The Lions hope Martin is the NT to pair with him.

Paschal has a clear role as an edge setter on early downs or running situations and a guy you can kick inside on passing downs.

I see a 5 man front of

Hutch
Romeo
Paschal
Cominsky
Houston

I think that’s our best 5 man rush.

3 Likes

Yup…….college stats prove the point. Nevermind what Detroit lions coaches have said about his potential. Feel free to check out Jeff Risdon’s twitter on the topic of Pascal and what the lions believe is his potential on this defense. To name just one place you can go and see it……

2 Likes

I hope he does , I like pashcal just think that a tall order not just because of talent but the rotation you got Comish that’s gonna get a lot of reps there. Plus Harris and Romeo will get some reps. Unless he goes all Houston on us.

Or a little more HP

JOk
Romeo
Hutch
Harris
Houston

What if Paschal gets his 10 bags, and is solid vs the run…and yet Bugsy has the better season?

One can dream, but it’s possible

1 Like

Let’s not go crazy here. Buggs fills a role. Holmes even said in the off-season Buggs played too many snaps this year. He is a 300-400 snaps a year player who is stout against the run. On a good team he is your 3/4 DT

Just look at the contract he signed, that’s solid depth money.

2 Likes

Hopefully it’s Buggs
We gotta stop the run first and foremost

1 Like

both GIF

2 Likes

Paschal vs Cominsky seems to me the real battle.

Prediction: each has 5 sacks this year.

1 Like

We aren’t other teams. We value NT types. We have 4 right now, 3 will definitely make the 53 man roster. Just so happens that NT types with a few notable exceptions don’t command huge money in FA. Which is why many like myself questioned giving up resources that could have been the next Rodrigo or St. Brown to go get another NT in the 3rd round. Then we are loading up on guys like Commish/Pacshal/Hutch who can move inside to give more juice in the pass rush situationally, without getting totally destroyed if it’s a run.

The justification is easy to see. Hutch, Pascal, ROK, JOK, Harris, Houston, Commish.
That’s a full room. Only Young would have a chance breaking into the line up. The cost to move up and get him would have been Gibbs and Campbell.
Hard pass!
Holmes knows who’s going to be there next year, and the year after. Most of us don’t pay that much attention.

Who would I have taken? I would have traded down like they did. I think Pascal will come through and our DL depth would be fine. So it helps justify passing on people like Wilson who I saw mentioned (by others) as a good pick at 6, or Kancey as a good pick at 18. No qualms from me about this draft. Just saying that I hope Pascal comes through, and it helps justify our draft strategy.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.