Calais Campbell

I see people are referring to him as a dt. Isn’t he a de?

4 Likes

He played DE in a 3-4 early in his career. The dude can play all over the line. He’s a monster, 6’8" - 300+ pounds. Knocks down a ton of passes with his long arms as well.

Put it this way if I could have Suh or Campbell… I’m taking Campbell. Both are the same age.

2 Likes

Ahhh that right he was in the Jordan Dizon draft I was thinking Ernie Sims draft.

DiZon taken 3 rounds to early over Calais Campbell lol

2 Likes

Calais Campbell would be a 3T here. He is by far the best veteran option at defensive tackle left in free agency. I have been hoping we would make a move for him but I just did not see it happening. Grabbing a defensive tackle like Carter, Adebawore, or Benton for Campbell to mentor would be perfect.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t hate Carter and Campbell on our line. Our line would be pretty fearsome.

I remember watching the Det vs G.B. game and the Seattle fans kept mentioning that they wish they had a d-line like ours.

We really only need a couple pieces added to be dominant.

1 Like

Taking a look at Jordan Davis from this year. It seems like to get the most out of these Georgia defensive line when you may have to put them in rotation for their 1st year or even 2 as they. Get used to playing a whole game’s worth of snaps a longer season and get in shape.

Given that idea they absolutely should sign someone like Campbell and use him both as. A cheerleader and mentor as well as an effective rotational piece

2 Likes

Adding campbell, carter, a jack campbell, another cb and maybe a nolan smith… i would be very happy with the transformation of the defense. Could still add a starting guard, rb, wr in the draft with the above.

2 Likes

I’d be happy bringing in Campbell for a year! He played pretty well last year from what I’ve read

1 Like

Calais is really good and pretty old, but hey why not? Just make sure we get enough extra large Depends for him

2 Likes

Wait is he really visiting Thursday? Be the leader that def needs

3 Likes

YES!
Let’s get Carter right!
…or a Carter-like guy!

1 Like

Yep! Thursday. He’s visited a few teams already! MC/DC and Holmes can’t let him leave.

3 Likes

Wake Up Drugs GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

4 Likes

One more reason to have CC on the team…

Calais Campbell has NINE career blocked field goals, the most among active NFL players.

Blocked field goals can win you ball games!

3 Likes

If you can keep him on a tight pitch count he can be impactful for those plays. One of the best leaders in the sport as well.

4 Likes

The real question is how he’s going to fit those Depends in those tight football pants and still be able to mentor the young guys. I mean that’s my serious football thought for the day. You’re welcome.

2 Likes

Haha the only dudes wearing Depends will be the QB’s on the other team once we add CC and draft Jalen Carter.

Current image of Kirk Cousins hearing these rumors…

toilet GIF

3 Likes

As soon as i read he would come in Thursday I thought same thing. The DL is young an has leaders but for likely a attitude like Carter it needs a Aged Vat who has an still plays high level. Not so much on field but off field workouts an off season work . He would be perfect since he is still playing at high level an same position.

2 Likes

Calais Campbell would be the perfect Jalen Carter mentor

3 Likes

And Commish

Curb Your Enthusiasm Bingo GIF by Jason Clarke

2 Likes