Caleb Williams…. This is why

Sweet! Hopefully he doesn’t go until late in the first… when we take him at #26oa.

While I would love that, I just don’t see it. He is going to re-sign with Baltimore. He is just leveraging.

Isnt he only a freshman?
How is he supposed to declare for the draft?

THIS. :point_up_2:
I believe McCarthy is going to grow a ton this offseason. I will not be surprised to hear him talked about as #1 in the 24 draft. So early in his career to read the field as well as he does. I expect him to grow mentally a ton this offseason.

It’s good that there are two studs in the 2024 draft class if you like McCarthy. Might not have to move up much to get him. He has all the tools that a franchise in todays NFL wants.

Would love the top two kids for sure. But Ewers and McCarthy are perfect QBs for our situation. Sit behind Goff in 2024 and let’s roll in 2025.

That’s who I read they compare Derrick Maye too.

This is my ideal scenario as well. If we want a QB, let’s wait another year when the draft class is stacked at QB. I feel like we’d really be reaching if we took one this year. Bryce seems to be the only one that has “it” but then there seems to be some things he’s lacking as well.

And what’s going to happen with Shedeur Sanders. Does Deion get a P5 job with Sheduer coming with him!? Also, does Ewers stay healthy and play up to his potential. That’s potentially a helluva top 5. Top 6 is Richardson is in the 2024 class.

I’m really starting to feel this way too. Even if Levis fell to our 2nd pick, I just don’t love him. But I wouldn’t hate the pick either.

I prefer wait until 2024. As someone said above it is going to be loaded. Even if we don’t get one of the top 2 guys. If we draft a QB in 2023, I hope it’s with our 2B pick or later.

Man I can’t stand watching Richardson play. Waiting for the 2024 draft and then watching us take Richardson would make me puke.

1 Like

There’s also ewers from Texas and the kid at North Carolina I believe. It’s going to be interesting to see who rises and who falls.

Not only that but he should have better receivers next year. I expect a couple of Michigan’s highly touted freshman to overtake a veteran or two.

1 Like

Right. Maye and Williams seem like the elite guys. And Ewers could absolutely join them.

2 Likes

Or we could just keep tanking until Manning is available. Lol

1 Like

A big AMEN to this as well. Michigan receivers leave a lot to be desired!

1 Like

It’s frustrating watching them drop passes every single week. They say McCarthy struggles throwing downfield but I’ve seen at least 10 of those passes that should have been caught over the course of the season. That pass yesterday hit Anthony right in the hands at the goal line. That’s a huge dropped touchdown that made the game closer than it should have been. Then you watch other teams like South Carolina, Tennessee, usc and UCLA and their wideouts are making incredible plays. It drives me nuts.

Sounds REALLY familiar… this is EXACTLY what everyone was saying about THIS year.

I need to update my list of QBs trying to sell themselves to NFL personnel departments:

Bryce Young: “I beat Georgia!”

Hendon Hooker: “I beat Alabama!”

Spencer Rattler: “I beat Tennessee!”

Will Levis: “I almost beat Vanderbilt.”

Stetson Bennett… “I beat everybody.”

1 Like

Let’s just play around and act like this is even remotely true…The Dolphins and Eagles already have their long term answers at QB…that leaves us with Goff and no extension yet…