Calling Lions Front Office - Please draft this guy!

Andre Cisco Safety 6ft 203lbs

Can cover - Check
Causes turn overs - Check
Run Support - Check
Interceptions - Check Check
Hits like a freaking truck - Check Check Check

Turn on spakers to hear this guy hit!

1 Like

Would love an awesome game changing safety!!! My personal favorite position… even though not high value necessarily high in the first round.

But man, I would love for the Lions to have a Brian Dawkins type guy back there.

1 Like

He’s one of my favorite players along with Troy Polamalu, Ed Reed, Ronnie Lott, Bob Sanders, Charles Woodson, and Bennie Blades.

1 Like

When healthy - i loved watching Louis Delmas play.

6 Likes

Delmas was good, but the only thing about him is he was reckless and injured his own guys… I’m sure a lot of the others mentioned did the same at some point…

And yeah health was an issue. But if I recall correctly, the Patriots wanted him and wound up settling for Chung.

Yeah, reckless was the first thing that came to mind for me, too. Quickly followed by gibberish. Couldn’t understand a word he said.

I’m still pulling for the DT!
I know, I know…that’s what she said.

I don’t feel we can accurately assess our DBs, as they were being asked to cover for 10 seconds at a time.

1 Like

That kid is impressive, thanks for sharing.

I’ve been complaining about this team lacking playmakers, these are the kind of players this team needs.

1 Like

Or the Pats wanted Chung and laughed at the Lions drafting Delmas.

2 Likes

The more likely scenario. Chung has had a much longer career

Yep. Cisco or that athletic safety in Oregon, Javon Holland.

Given that I think you’ll enjoy watching Paris Ford

1 Like

I really like this safety class

If you want to hear some hits, watch this kid: Paris Ford

I love Ford. I just like Cisco a little better. I would be happy with either.

He seems a bit frail built, to be hitting the way he does. Is he Delmas II? Can they beef him up enough to take NFL punishment?

Delmas was one of the most undisciplined Safeties we have ever had. Always going for the big hit and risking a big play, which happened often while he was here. Big hits are nonsense in today’s NFL. If you crush a guy there is a likely penalty. If you separate him from the ball after the catch it is usually going to be incomplete due to process/football move nonsense. Give me a guy who tackles like Joey Browner and the team gets off the field on 3rd down exponentially more.

You would rather have a 6 time pro bowl safety. Wow, thanks for the hot take. I’d rather have Ed Reed. What’s your point about liking to watch an actual safety we had play?

Oh - I’d rather have Darrell Revis over Darius Slay. Hot takes!!!

I think Hufanga’s clearly the number 1 safety at this point. I think I’d prefer Holland next. Then I think it gets murky. I think I’d take Ford third but it’s a really good safety class and there are a few guys (including Cisco) that could slide in there.

I think Hufanga is going top 12 provided he tests respectably. Holland could go late in the first given his coverage abilities.

I think the whole idea of a hard hitting safety is to dislodge the ball no matter if it is a run or pass breakup. This creates turn overs and gets your defense off the field.

1 Like