Calvin Johnson claims Lions made him change story about concussion

You said a lot and said nothing at the same time. Are you asking the NFL to actively oppose federal law?

In summary, Calvin is still a diva bitch and a complete hypocrite. First, he says it’s not about the money. Then, he says, if they give him the unearned money back, then he will have a relationship with the team.

Uh, no thanks. You weren’t a spokesperson or ambassador for the team when you played here. Now, you think anyone gives AF if you show up to family fest 2022 and sign 50 autographs? GTFOH.

1 Like

Don’t they do that when the players line up for shots of torodol before a game? I mean how many of those players really need that shot to play?

i don’t have any problem with CJ here like some. i actually see the lions and the nfl from the outside looking in the way he does. the separation comes from the fact that what used to be a simple and great game has become nothing more than a product, and players are simply means to ends for owners. it’s a violent game now more than ever. more players are wising up to the risks and trying to take back control of their own lives / professions in the sport behind the scenes. more are probably calculating when to get out from start. instead of just shutting up, they’re also starting to speak out while they play and after.

the odd thing is that stafford played along cj for the same organization all of those years! they’re buds. if you don’t think he doesn’t share the same thoughts about this organization that cj does you’d be a fool. his meltdown early this year due to the coaches ill-advised time out was evidence of that if you were watching closely. after seeing that and the debacle of last year, i’m pretty convinced that if the lions don’t get to a playoff game this year and show they are built for the longhaul in the eyes of the players (ie stafford), stafford’s done. he’ll either quit or go to another team.

1 Like

Yeah, unless we’re ~that close~, I don’t see him being the lifer (40+) that certain other QB’s are. If he doesn’t taste victory soon, the bitterness of losing and the pains of age will tip the scale toward hangin’ 'em up.

There are multiple types of CBD oil as I recall. The type that is made from hemp only is legal in all 50 states at this point although the concentration level varies. However CBD oil made from the marijuana plant even with the THC removed I think it’s still illegal in like 30 States?

The legal form of CBD oil is very weak as a pain killer, but has efficacy in other areas, including for depression and mood disorders. And even hash oil I remember from high school wouldn’t be a strong enough pain killer for NFL players. It should be an option, though. Hardcore pain killers relieve a lot of terrible suffering on this planet every day, and have their place. But cannabis does too, and it’s just a matter of time before it’s legal pretty much around the world.

1 Like

Are the Lions looking at an investigation or potential reprocussions from this?

I would say absolutely not .
A bitter, outspoken , former employee looking to get money he thinks he has a right to makes a claim that someone told him to stay quiet about a concussion more then 7 years ago ? The fact that Calvin even brought this up shows what scorned bitch he is .

1 Like

Argent said - Quote - "the odd thing is that stafford played along cj for the same organization all of those years! they’re buds. if you don’t think he doesn’t share the same thoughts about this organization that cj does you’d be a fool. his meltdown early this year due to the coaches ill-advised time out was evidence of that if you were watching closely. after seeing that and the debacle of last year, i’m pretty convinced that if the lions don’t get to a playoff game this year and show they are built for the longhaul in the eyes of the players (ie stafford), stafford’s done. he’ll either quit or go to another team.
[/quote]

I don’t agree and yet don’t consider myself a fool -lol Stafford loves the game and loves to play the game. He just stated in an interview that he does not even think about quitting. Stafford has never really said a lot about CJ one way or another. CJ clearly played this game to make as much money as he could. Not saying he did not enjoy the game but it was clear it was always a stepping stone to other things. Staff plays because he loves to play. Stafford’s anger last week was passion of the moment. For those who question his leadership what he did was display leadership. This week in the similar situation they put the ball in his hands and let him put the game away.

1 Like

I think they were just trying to help. Getting all the assignments right and all and pay attention to the clock is harder when the system is new than when the players are all familiar.

And it was a hugely important play. Most plays they just let go. Now they’re going to let him sink or swim since he boasted “trust me!”

I agree - I don’t think it was meant to be a slight toward Matt at all. Just careful coaching. He basically told him to put it in his hands. They did last week. We will see how it goes along in the future.

Not sure how things went down and I would not be surprised if a lot of teams put some pressure on key players to down play injuries but I think that is changing. Also did’nt Swanson miss something like half a season after he was diagnosed? Maybe they downplayed it early but they certainly did not rush him back.

1 Like

It is interesting. I suspected for years that the Lions were more careful than other teams. I mean they basically told Best to retire.

Then the get shit on to the media by the guy they made the highest paid WR in history.

I’m troubled that the Lions didn’t treat Johnson with kid gloves.

I’d say rubber gloves…

i said that stafford would either quit OR play for another team. that second part might depend on how contracts shake out when the losing gets too much. i don’t doubt his passion (i didn’t doubt cj’s either) but everyone grow’s tired of a stagnant situation eventually if you’re normal.

one thing i absolutely love about stafford (including cj when he was active) is he never throws anybody under the bus no matter how much he could in an interview partly because he has the self-insight to know that he will have stinker days from time to time and nobody likes a winer for a QB, including teammates. i’ve never questioned his leadership. but if you actually watch him closely in post games over the decade when emotions are at their highest, i personally see a guy that increasingly holds back his frustration and what he really wants to say at times. ie he’s starting to reach the limits of his own patience.

maybe things will turnout well for him so we don’t have to hear about the real frustrations once he hangs it up.

every one of these guys is playing because of the money and because it’s a stepping stone to other things, even if that means just enjoying the rest of your life without working another day. that seems pretty normal to me.