Camp Battles

Linebackers vs. anyone on offense.

Can they deal with the run blocking scheme? Can they cover a TE? Can they hang with RBs going out for a pass? Can they actually blitz and make it home sometimes?

I have good feelings about the team overall, but man, that LB room could use a leap forward…

2 Likes

The back issue that had everyone concerned as a career-long problem is apparently in the rearview mirror now. We’ll see. At least Levi addressed it in the weight room.

From si.com quoting Todd Wash:

"“The biggest thing is I think he’s finally healthy,” Wash said. “You know, last year, he couldn’t even hardly get in a stance. He was all twisted up and, and all that stuff… And then the first day I’ve seen him, I mean he is rocked and chiseled up right now. So, you know, he’ll play a couple different spots for us. But, he has gotten better because he’s healthy. And, I think this is the system that he played in college. He wasn’t a react guy in college. So, you see some flashes out here of why we drafted them where we drafted him, so we’re excited about Levi. He’s just got to stay healthy.”

2 Likes

“just got to stay healthy” meaning “continue his strength training and conditioning”.

1 Like

Holmes made a comment this offseason that hinted that Levi needed to be better at conditioning and to get better at taking care of his body. I forget the exact comment and I’m too lazy/busy to go look it up…. lol

Point being it sounds like he’s doing just that….
Or at least getting better at it. So I have hope.

My big concern for him was that he was blown off the ball repeatedly. If it really was an injury problem then he shouldn’t have been playing so I’m not sure I buy that. Personally it looked like a strength problem to me so when Holmes made his comment it made sense.

But if this defense is to make any really strides we need several players to step up big time.

2 Likes

Gone are the days of watching Matt Patricia vs the dinner fork.

2 Likes

Girl you let a knife and fork dig your grave. That’s right Matt, you the girl here.

1 Like

Rockpile … sheesh, anything from them other than Teacher Teacher is a deep cut :crazy_face:

maybe because he got ripped recently, he won’t get easily pushed off the ball much, to be seen.

So fun to see it play out.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.