Campbell confirms he called plays today

Its not the talent on the roster, these arguments are far too based on the results (ie the record). The process has proven to be flawed as well. Hell he did such a crappy job hiring his first OC he’s stripped him of his play calling duties 8 games into his contract. He stuck with Goff so long to a fault. His game management with 4th downs and such have been awful.

The only reason to support Campbell at this point is “eh you never know, maybe he’ll get better.” But yes I’m illogical.

1 Like

Actually…

3 Likes

It’s like making Gronk the HC of your team

1 Like

I wasn’t born yesterday. That is James Crockett & Ricardo Tubbs.

1 Like

This would be funnier if not for recently released information. Gronk doesn’t watch film.

1 Like

I had a white suit w the neon knit ties…

I want to grow out a rat tail and bring that look back but my wife won’t let me.

1 Like

I didn’t think it went as well as some people want to give credit for.

Took Hockenson, their best offensive weapon, completely out of the game.

Repeatedly went to the “float the ball to the WR on the other side of the field” screen pass, which almost never worked.

Two total pass attempts beyond 10 yards in the air (probably a Goff issue).

Repeatedly called routes short of the sticks on 3rd down.

Repeatedly ran draws up the middle on 3rd down in the first half.

He adjusted a bit in the 3rd quarter, which I gave him credit for in the game thread, but when Pittsburgh adjusted he never changed.

You can blame the roster all you want, but I just didn’t see what was so great here. If Roethlisberger plays they lose by 15.

1 Like

Who in the hell are the “some people” who are saying he lit it up?

I don’t think anyone is saying he “lit it up,” but I think there are many who seem to think it went fine. I just disagree.

If I was Campbell I wouldn’t admit that unless I was under some enhanced interrogation at a blacklist site.

Massive iimprovement. LOL

I can agree that OC is no this role, and that he needs to get a damn good one (as well as more talent), before he can succeed.

It’s customary for me to compliment the godfather either before or after disagreeing with him. :wink:

You sure look nice today, @Nate

Dan’s the right guy to lead them.
He needs help for the X’s and O’s. Dude’s a leader, not a football guru. let’s get OC and DC gurus and let dan be the mentor to the young dudes. I think it’s gonna work.

1 Like

Yep, a real statement Tie

1 Like

Wrong! It’s Riggs and Murtaugh