Can we all chip in

And ditch these goddamn ads? Sweet cornflakes they make my feed jump around and are as annoying as horseflies on a fishing trip

I’m happy to chip in a little to help lose those mofos

Brave browser, no ads

1 Like

They shouldn’t be affecting the threads, so if anyone is experiencing this, PM me if that’s happening.

This week I’ll make sure regular users — those who meet certain criteria with number of posts or replies, topics, Likes, etc — don’t see ads.

3 Likes

They DO affect the threads! It’s harder to read threads because the ads make thread scroll when they load, so the threads jump around on my phone, and some posts close to the ads, I just don’t read cuz it’s too hard.

2 Likes

They do mess with mine as well

1 Like

Making the threads a mess for my phone.

1 Like

Displayed on a PC browser, it’s not an issue. When you’re on the site using a mobile browser, at least with Safari on an iPhone, the thread jumps up and down constantly–you really can’t read more than a sentence or so without having to scroll back up to find what you were just looking at.

5 Likes

Chrome with AdBocker Extension works well for me on my laptop.

But I’m up for a donation too.

That might also be GIFs and images loading.

1 Like

It absolutely is as gifs. Thing is there are probably a good number of peeps here (myself included) that would pay to not have ads and gifs. Make it happen dude… when you realize the forums voice

That’s entirely possible, and there may not be anything you can do about it. I know the new core web vitals will really ding sites for that though–visual stability is one of the three big categories they score. Not that this site necessarily relies on a lot of organic search engine traffic, but it will eventually affect rankings.

1 Like

From my experience on an iPhone which I use to read and post here all the time, the jumping can be annoying but it’s not all the time, usually when I get to a particular point or points in longer threads… it would be nice to not have them but I also understand the ads bring money… I think? I’ll be honest I know nothing about how ads and the internet work.

1 Like

“Panama Hat Mall”, gotta say, eventually they’re going to get me. They know I’ll buy some day. I’ve learned to scroll past all sorts of annoyances in life so it doesn’t bother me. Ask my wife, who isn’t all that wrong when she says, “Are you even listening to me???”

1 Like

Always on an iPhone, see ads now that there’s a topic on it. Never noticed before or had issues

I have zero issues on my laptop or phone. Although I have an Android and use an ad-blocking browser.

What browser do you use on your phone?

At least in Google Play, it’s “Free Adblocker Browser - Adblock & Private Browser” by “Adblock - Rocketshield Browser Technology Limited”.

And for what it is worth, I didn’t log in. So the site considered me a total newbie and I still had no issue.

I’ll throw in some Chili Cheese Fritos

1 Like

I can’t read a single post without it jumping somewhere else in the thread halfway through. It’s pretty irritating.

I’m on an iphone through Safari

android phone with no issues.
Chrome browser with ublock origin