Can we take a step back

Oxford High School called their football field “The Jungle”. I remember riding in on the bus and their kids were all lined up screaming. Their intro song was obviously, Welcome to the Jungle by GnR. It was a memorable place to play.

Could Ford Field become “The Jungle”? We are the KINGS of the jungle!

The Hornets arena here in Charlotte is known as “The Hive”.

@DeadDog, you’re spot on…we need an identity at home. Something people would associate to Ford Field.

Lions Team Intro: Imagine the whole place goes dark…and you hear Lions breathing, or walking…limbs are snapping but you don’t see anything…darkness

…then the music starts…that famous Slash, echoing guitar riff that leads off “Welcome to the Jungle”.

Big Lion Roar over the audio…lights flashing…create some atmosphere.

8 Likes

Only problem with that is Paul Brown Stadium is “The Jungle”

2 Likes

Something like this to make the fans feel part of it (cuz they are).

Pistons ran that “Going to work” campaign and it was AWESOME!!!
SO intense, how they did it.

I want ppl to HATE coming here. Players will want to get traded so they don’t have to pay for a division rival of the Lions. Just no fun to come here, for other teams.

2 Likes

Campbell made the Lions fun to watch again. Winning on it’s own is fun. Losing typically isn’t. Football, above all, is entertainment. Campbell made the team watchable for almost every game. That Rams game was the most fun NFL game I’ve ever attended (and we lost) and I still had a blast. The Packers game to end the season was seriously one of the most fun NFL games I’ve ever seen on TV. You could tell that the players were fully committed to what Campbell was selling and were fully committed to winning that game.

I agree, as long as we don’t lose Glenn, next year with a more talented roster and the upheval and turnover that Minnesota, Chicago, and possibly Green Bay will face, will be an exciting season to be a Lions fan.

6 Likes

If only there was a song like “Welcome to Detroit City.”

2 Likes

Houston’s roster is really gross as well.

You know what??

This made me think a bit. We need a song…old or new…that speaks to the adversity that Detroit has faced and the spirit of overcoming the negativity that is piled it’s way…fairly or not.

Mine is Aretha

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me…is some knee cap biting shit!

What’s your song? Try your best to keep it a Detroit base artist…it just hits home better in this instance IMHO.

1 Like

I would pay Kid Rock and Eminem to create something that crosses the genres and represents the city the team well

Brand new song strictly written about this team

2 Likes

I’m hoping for better days ahead, but if there is one song that should never be played because it represents all the past failures, it’s got to be Detroit’s own:

2 Likes

For some reason I really love Spy In the House of Love. Great music video with a lot of Detroit scenes.

Anyone else get the sudden urge to go Roller skating? Just me…huh?

1 Like

It’s interesting that the most popular song played during sporting events worldwide is by Detroit-based artists, Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes.

4 Likes

REALLY good one

1 Like

Yup. One shot by Em. Perfect.

2 Likes

I know. Optimism has always been so scary as a Lions fan. I should know better by now. And I have known better in the past.
But I fell in. I’ve doomed this team, cause I’m so damn optimistic about where we’re going. Sorry guys.

2 Likes

No worries my man…we’re all going down together.

1 Like

devil with the blue dress on …. Well blue uniform then?! :crazy_face:

1980 redo… :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like