Carolina F****d Us!

This will more than likely drop us to pick 5, no man’s land.

5 Likes

Yep

They needed to wait one more day

1 Like

Haha not scripted at all

2 Likes

When we beat Minnesota and Carolina wins in Seattle we’ll feel
much better.

2 Likes

Carolina is not winning in Seattle. They can’t score.

2 Likes

D’Ontae Foreman might be able to run all over Seattle. In their last game they put up 23
On Denver who averages giving up 17ppg.

3 Likes

As much as i want those top level guys i wont complain about Miles Murphy :heart_eyes:

1 Like

We still have 4/5 games left and a lot can happen. The Vikings will likely have the #2 seed locked up with no chance at #1 so theres a good chance they sit a lot of guys against the Bears in week 18. If Bears win that game and Rams lose out we pull ahead of them due to SOS. Rams and Broncos play each other and their SOS is close. If the Broncos win there is a solid chance we pull ahead of them. The Cardinals are close in SOS to the Rams, but they still play the Falcons and Broncos and are likely to win one of those. The Jaguars also still play the Texans so they likely win another.

The big game for us will be the Broncos vs Rams game. The Rams are not going on the road to beat the Packers, Seahawks, or Chargers. If the Rams can lose tot he Broncos we are in very good shape.

Carolina has a couple winnable games against the Steelers and Saints left as well.

Their is still a path to the #2 pick, we just need a couple things to fall into place.

When was the last time a Super Bowl winner had a top 5 Pick?

1 Like

The 2022/2023 Detroit Lions…

8 Likes

Murphy has Cam Jordan level traits IMO. Not there as a football player yet but I think we have good teachers on the staff.

2 Likes

With games against the Eagles, Bills, Lions, and Vikings, the Bears look pretty locked into the No. 2 overall spot. They might win that last one if the Vikings rest some of their starters or only play them for a half. But, one thing is clear: they’re not taking a QB. And, having traded away two of their best past rushers, Quinn and Roquan, one has to think they probably take Anderson.

Carolina could steal one from Pittsburgh, New Orleans, or Tampa Bay–none of whom are as good as they’ve been in the past.

Jacksonville could beat a Titans team in disarray after that embarrassing loss to the Lions. But even if not, it seems virtually certain they will beat the Texans.

New Orleans has a pretty easy schedule and seem likely to have another 1-2 wins.

If everything falls right, the Lions could still pick in the 4-5 range.

Ya denver doesnt matter as much because they still have the rams on the schedule, so if the rams lose out they should pick ahead of denver. It looks like if the rams can’t pull another win out that we are looking at 3 or 4 based on the remaining schedule for the teams around the rams pick. I will be happy regardless as we should be adding some good talent to our team with 4 picks in the top 60 and 2 in the top 20, wherever they end up being. If holmes cant tangibly add to the roster with this capital than we got the wrong guy. Based on his previous drafts i am not worried about that

2 Likes

Hey, if someone would’ve told me the Lions pick from the Rams would be in the top 5 before the beginning of the season, I would’ve said “you’re nuts!” But, here we are. Injuries, injuries, injuries.

2 Likes

100%, the trade has really worked out for both sides and the people that wanted the 1 first round pick trade options would probably be kicking themselves right now

2 Likes

Sort of helps overcome the fact that had the Lions taken the Panthers No. 8 overall offer, they would have had both Sewell & Parsons, but the flip side would be possibly no QB.

Ya you wouldnt have goff and love him or hate him he is playing well, plus you have the opportunity to add likely another top 5 or top 10 guy to the roster

2 Likes

Carolina just needs to do something to make it up to us now, like beating seattle. Would help for both pick and playoff potential haha

1 Like

Meanwhile, Mayfield won against the Raiders with no team around him.
I blame Carolina for that, too!
Effers better remember that we play them in a few weeks, and they just put a big bullseye on their chests.