Carolina Panthers trade for Jags CB CJ Henderson

It looks like the offseason rumblings were based on reality and not just throwing poo against the wall.

Wow

Dang… I would have given a 3rd for him!

1 Like

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

1 Like

Don’t like having CBs that tackle?

He’s been on the trade block for quite a while hasn’t he?

I’ll be surprised if Urban makes it past year 2

2 Likes

Are they taking prop bets on what ailment he fakes before quitting?

2 Likes

My initial reaction as a Lions fan was that I would have liked to get Henderson.

But thwn I realized that another team REALLY might ragret not making that trade.

Tampa just watched Stafford pick apart their 4th and 5th CBs… and if there is any team that qualifies for “win now” mode… it has to be them.

And… not only did they NOT get help, but their division rival landed him.

I bet they aren’t feeling Scotty P’s creedo right now…

love you all work in progress GIF

Does Henderson not want to play football?

Maybe he just doesn’t want to play for Urban Meyer?
I can understand that.

A player faked a health condition to get away from Urban Meyer? Oh the irony!

2 Likes

Maybe he got him some money and would rather party with the ho’s?!?..like the o-lineman kid last year from Georgia.

will ferrell lmao GIF

2 Likes

@Snags
Seems like I heard about a CB in Jacksonville that had back spasms recently… maybe 2 years ago… and then they got better right after he got traded???

He doesn’t want to play tackle football

I know there was concern about his tackling in college… but he had 36 tackles and 6 PDs in about 7 games as a rookie (he only played 12 snaps in week 4).

This vidso might be highlights… but there are several plays that show some decent physical play.

1 Like

Could be. I don’t watch much Jax football. I just remember seeing some college cut ups where he made some clear “business decisions” in the run game. Perhaps that was Bc he wasn’t getting paid to do it.

If Jax is selling off assets I’d see if maybe they’d take a late day 3 pick for Andrew Wingard. Serviceable young, cheap safety

I’m reading online that apparently the DB coach for the Panthers has some kind of history with Henderson and that’s why he feels like he can get more out of him. Henderson’s first college scholarship offer came from the Panthers DB coach when he was at Miami.

EDIT: His name is Evan Cooper. Apparently they have stayed in touch over the years so it seemed like a good fit for the Panthers to take on the risk.