Carson Strong at 66

Yes we view the game (or at least that play) differently. It was a tight window because the LB just … stopped. Watch him. (He even beat himself up while on the ground after the play). I’m just saying that one play…shouldn’t have been a tight window, it should have been a pick.
I’ve enjoyed Matt throwing into tight windows, and would love to get a guy who can do that again. Maybe Strong is the guy, but he lucked out on that play.

I’ve watched it over and over again. I don’t think the LBer stops. I think his momentum is carrying him deeper than the catch point. He tries to hit the breaks to undercut the route but prefers keeping his ACL in tact. It doesn’t really matter . I think it’s an great, gutsy throw . If you disagree that’s fine. I like that he will take risks and yet still has shown fairly decent ball security.

I just felt he was now being underrated and wanted to bring him back up to the board. I know that multiple posters loved him back in fall of 2020.

1 Like

I will give you that its a gutsy throw. Even a great throw, depending on the game situation. Any QB in this class is a gamble, so focusing on one who has fallen due to injury or whatever is not a bad strategy to take a gamble on with fewer “resources”.

Old enough to remember Dan Marino dropping due to a sub-par senior year at Pitt, after he was projected as a very high pick the year before. And even back then, shaking my head that we passed on him.