Carter pleads no contest to charges from wreck

Yes and No. I mean, you did know that they called The Cleaner, right? That was reported by the press. One of the people involved in the accident reached out to The Wolf within minutes of the accident. Someone was heard on the 911 call telling Carter he had to get out of there.

All of that can be true AND the release that his representation put out this morning.

What comes a little more into focus for me is:
A. Carter had to be persuaded/instructed to go home. The 911 call corroborates that. It wasn’t a “oh shit, what do I do? OK, bye!”
B. The wording of today’s release makes no mention of who sent him home because it’s covering up for UGA.

I mean, that’s all pretty clear without possessing cynicism, isn’t it? They had a “situation” in which a university “handler” was contacted. That handler provided instruction that may have been more focused on UGA and a player’s draft status than anyone else.

3 Likes

This isnt anything we didnt already know. We know he was at the scene and we know the guy who called 911 told him to get out of there. The drinking part we will never know for certain since he was never breathalyzed.

2 Likes

I would never have carter on my draft board.

100% agree w you.

2 Likes

With all these reports, I don’t even know what to think. Is Wilson the guy? Is Carter the guy? Is someone else the guy?

Point being… If Brad Holmes thinks he can trust him and MCDC thinks he can get him where he needs to be, then at 6 I’ll just throw my hands up like “okay, let’s see what happens”.

I trust them.

2 Likes

Someone must’ve been penalized and lost a 1st round pick then if the SB winners are picking 31st :sunglasses:

1 Like

Carter has fallen completely off my radar. Unless he’s there in the second, of course.

:zap::zap::zap::zap:
:muscle::sunglasses:
:index_pointing_at_the_viewer::sunglasses:
:fire::fire::fire:

It sure wasn’t the police who told him to leave. It was someone who badly didn’t want him at the scene when the cops showed up. Nothing about this story paints Carter in a positive light, the lawyer’s spin is typical American fake news.

Newly released 911 calls appear to place Carter at the scene of the deadly crash.

On the night of the crash one of the callers who contacted Athen’s Clarke County Police can be heard saying, “Hey JC you might as well just go on! Jalen! Jalen! Go on!”

Police would not confirm who the 911 caller was, and they would not confirm if Jalen was caught on surveillance cameras in a black jeep speeding through Downtown Athens on the same night as the deadly crash involving Lecroy and Willock.

News: Jalen Carter has entered a deal with Athens-Clarke County solicitors, per his lawyer. Carter has pled no contest and will receive 12 months probation, pay a $1,000 fine, perform 80 hours community service and finish a driving course.

Carter will receive no jail time.

I disagree, kind of… I mean, it’s not a “positive light”, but it’s less negative.
I think the focus on his leaving the area shifts over to the institution that was protecting him and itself. That’s where I would have expected Holmes and MCDC in particular to judge him most harshly. We always knew The Wolf was called in, but the light shines a little brighter on UGA/SEC/NCAA for me. Their choice of words were quite careful and in being that careful you can read between the lines. He wasn’t told he “could leave” he was told “you have to get out of here”. That didn’t click until seeing their spin.

1 Like

Not sure I agree with this presupposition on your part, with no proof, which skews everything you say about the subject going forward.

1 Like

I’m sharing my opinion and how it’s changed.
What shaped it and what moved it.
It could change tomorrow.
It’s of no consequence to anyone, not even myself. :slight_smile:

Bro not sure what I got wrong , this is one hell of a assumption. Almost as bad as the guy that said he hit them then took his car and got it fixed and paid the guy not to say anything. Lol or the one we’re he was drunk and left for a hr and came back sober . This is all pretty crappy shit to assume. Just sayin’

I’ve soured on Carter, too many stories, and he chose not to go to the combine-but do tryouts for scouts…

Carter originally told the police that he wasn’t at the scene of the accident, that he was a mile away. But those pesky cameras in 2023 make it hard to really get away with anything. 1973 he would have been golden. At best eye witness which is crap level evidence.

Although he did have that power line cable damage to the top of his roof, which would have been available to the police before cameras, but probably not enough to prove much. It’s not a thumbprint.

And then of course there was the 911 call where the guy told “JC” to make a run for it. That’s actually pretty quality evidence. So yeah, not the best decision to run.

One thing I would definitely do if I was Jalen, I’d let my buddy know to please not use my initials the next time he makes a 911 call and he wants me to flee the scene. A simple “Go man, get out of here” would suffice, Jalen knows who you’re talking to.

I agree.

He’s at least back on the board for consideration, just not at #6.

2 Likes

his tape don’t lie.

1 Like

I assumed it was the 911 dispatcher. They took his info and told him he could leave the screen and to stand by if police had any questions. I assume the police then called him for questioning so he returned to the scene.

This exact scenario happened to me when I witnessed a deadly accident.

2 Likes

Were you racing the other driver?

Did you tell the 911 dispatcher you were racing the other driver?

There was ZERO chance the dispatcher would have said it was OK to leave the scene if they knew it was a racing incident.