CB rankings

After the combine, how do you think the Lions have their CB board stacked?
My guess is:

1. Gonzalez
  2. Spoon
  3. Porter
  4. Banks
  5. Ringo
  6. Smith
  7. Forbes
  8. Ricks
  9. Stevenson
  10. Brents

If we don’t get a top 3 guy in round 1, who do you want and in what round?

1 Like

No idea because we don’t sit in on the interviews - which is probably the make or break for any guy to even hit their board. Let alone knowing where they fall on it.

6 Likes

I really don’t know, but I have a suspicion that Gonzalez is a coveted player by the brass. Coveted. (And that’s not due to the combine.)

I am very, very anxious to see how high Porter goes overall and in relation to the other CBs.

3 Likes

Forbes has skills but i would bet the farm that he doesnt last long in the league. He makes Jamo look like a beast.

He has the build of Manute Bol…

1 Like

Yeah it’s basically impossible to know right now, but as @Davicus pointed out in his insightful post from back in January, Porter, Banks, Cam Smith, Ricks, and Brents don’t have the PFF grades the staff has typically liked (love or hate PFF, it’s a data point that shows a clear trend). Porter and Banks are close so maybe they’ll cause the threshold to change.

And Witherspoon has to prove he has the RAS when he tests Friday (and he’s already behind the 8-ball with his size measurements).

So of that list only Gonzalez, Ringo, Forbes and Stevenson fully meet the PFF + RAS threshold Brad has gone for so far.

Others who meet it so far: DJ Turner, Darius Rush, Terell Smith, Riley Moss, Darrell Luter, Mekhi Garner.

5 Likes

If he turns opponents over like the did in college, he will be in the league a long time. Sauce Gardner talked about him and said his size is not a problem, dude can ball. Been plenty of corners who stay in the league who aren’t tacklers. And they don’t have the play making ability of Forbes.

1 Like

I get it. I just havent seen anyone with that build in the NFL before. He is a play maker but will he hold up in the league?

3 Likes

Guess it’s about time I start updating this list now that PFF has their post combine rankings out…

I have to work myself up to it since there’s no easy way to scrape the data from their website and the way it’s formatted doesn’t allow an easy way for me to manipulate with excel formulas. Lol

He is rail thin so I definitely understand your stance as well.

Yeah it sucks lol. I basically just google search every one of them individually.

Good luck! :saluting_face:

Ringo , Forbes, Ricks

Rush , Phillips later

1 Like

What happens when a back like Derrick Henry is coming full steam at that little fella!?

One things for certain, Forbes ain’t stopping him :joy:

If he tries, tell the ambulance driver to be ready

The same thing that happens to most NFL CBs. There’s not a CB alive no matter how big he is who wins in a full-steam situation with Henry.

Well it helps if you weigh more than 150 pounds. lol Forbes is smaller than most place kickers.

2 Likes

It will be time to make a “Business Decision”…!!

Right but the difference between him and a 200 pound CB in that specific scenario is negligible.

The issues come up when he’s getting bullied by Hopkins or AJ Brown or one of the other strong WRs.

Or when someone like Breece Hall or Nick Chubb is coming full steam ahead at him.

2 Likes

In all fairness to the guy, He’s 6’1, the nfl trainers and chefs will be able to get him up to 180-185 pounds before too long.

1 Like

You would hope so. But he’s been training with trainers who train guys for the NFL (?.. not my best sentence) and surely they knew they needed to put weight on him.