Zach Charbonnet, RB, UCLA
USC at UCLA, 8 p.m., FOX

2 Likes

Jack Campbell IOWA vs Mohammed Ibrahim Minnesota
Chase Brown Illini vs Michigan D
Will Levis vs Georgia D
Tennessee QB and WR’s vs South Carolina CB Cam Smith
Lot’s more, Deuce Vaughn K State vs Dante Stills W Virginia

I’ll be focusing on 3rd round type RB’s because Swift can’t be counted on and Williams may not be back.

2 Likes

Brown is out

Nope, multiple sources say he’s playing…
https://247sports.com/college/illinois/Article/Illinois-running-back-Chase-Brown-injury-update-will-play-at-No-3-Michigan-on-Saturday-head-coach-Bret-Bielema-197943832/

Just saw that. My bad. Im kinda wondering how much he plays though.

He’s their only hope if they want to win the West.

1 Like

1 game that is absolutely huge for an individual prospect is DeWayne McBride visiting LSU. McBride kind of reminds me of Shaun Alexander tbh. Big game tonight (or even a solid one) would help him a lot.

Keeping a close eye on Cam Smith for Lions purposes. Probably the biggest test of the season for him.

It would be nice if Levis shows a pulse against Georgia.

1 Like

Yeah Cam definitely has a lot on the line today, he could go a long way towards cementing himself as CB1 in a stacked class. I hope the Vols challenge him a few times.

I’ll also be watching Cam a little. To me it’s becoming kind of obvious that we’ll go CB with one of our 1sts this year and I’m not a huge Ringo fan, so with where a lot of people rank Cam Smith he might be a Lion.

1 Like

I also think CB is in play with one of our top picks. I’m looking for bigger CB’s though. We seem to have so many injuries at the CB position that I’d like to see some bigger guys at the position.

Joey Porter, Antonio Johnson, Ricks.

This year’s CB class is tough. A lot of guys grouped up at the top with not much separation between them. We could be looking at getting value if we wait until 2nd round.

I agree. Ringo though outrageously big and explosive seems stiff and linear. Though I do think he might excel in a scheme like SEA’s. I’m a Joey Porter Jr. fan personally but there are many corners I would be satisfied. Cam Smith is a pick I’d get behind as well and even if Jalin Hyatt burns him deep I’m not likely to be moved off of that opinion.

1 Like

I just got Richard Sherman 2.0 vibes imagining him in that cover 3 scheme. Yeah, he needs to be a zone corner at the next level. That’s where his athleticism will be at its best, and he doesn’t have to worry about staying step for step with the NFL’s top receivers.

Ringo won’t have trouble running with guys. It’s keeping up out of breaks and off of double moves. Like the play in SEC championship. I’m pretty sure he thought he had help but the difference in acceleration between he and Jamo off of the double move is distinct. I don’t really think their top speed is all that different.

In fairness to Ringo, Jamo is probably one of the better double move WRs in recent history.

Would love to see Blake Corum in a Lions uniform next year. Shouldn’t take a high draft pick to get him. He’s short, low center of gravity, phenomenal balance, good speed, and does most of his work between the tackles so durability is not an issue (unlike our current made of glass running back).

1 Like

Like Devon Witherspoon so far.

I think he will go higher than many expect. He’s a plug and play guy. He can run/catch/block at an NFL level.

He had 2 interference calls last week and could have gotten one today.

I’d be all good with that. One of the few guys that probably provides both a replacement for Jamaal and Swifty insurance.

Hopefully Corum is okay…

1 Like