CFB Players to watch: Oct 29 Edition

Yeah I think the RB class is above average with some real juice at the top. DT is deep with mid-rounders IMO (outside of Carter) and any number of those guys could pan out. I think Brad definitely has an eye towards those things.

I really like Bijan Robinson. I think he’ll be in play for our second pick if he is still around. I think he might be because RBs aren’t valued like the past, but he’s definitely one I would consider with a first rounder.

Also, personally I think Blake Corum is going to be a Miles Sanders type pro that is going to cause problems with that low center of gravity and ability to get horizontal so fast. Then there are some others I’ve peeked at. The kid from Illinois might be a sleeper. Achane might be a fun speedster later on. Charbonnet is a classic NFL back IMO.

I’m watching this PSU v OSU and I think that Michigan is in prime position to go to Ohio State and get a W. I don’t think Ohio State will be able to stop their ground game.

TCU vs WV is pure Big 12, all offense no defense and that with a slitghly hobbled max

Ohio State needs to stop running those WR screens. They ain’t working on this Defense. Losing their power back is going to hurt them too. He’s another one I would draft in the later rounds as a thunder type.

Yeah Bijan is great, he’s one of the few early RBs I find tempting though I still wouldn’t take him. Gibbs is great too, actually. Two of the better prospects of recent years to me. I wouldn’t take either of them because I’m a wait-on-RB guy, but they’re great prospects.

The 4th is around the time I start to look and there’s a few guys around there who could be good. I agree about Charbonnet, think he’ll be a good pro, and I’ve seen Zach Evans fall that far a couple of times. There’s some decent depth with 2/3rd round guys, so maybe they’ll fall to the 4th. I really liked Dameon Pierce last year and was surprised he fell to the 4th in a weaker class.

1 Like

I find RB one of the hidden needs on the Lions. Swift is on his last year next year. I don’t think we’ll sign him long term with all the injuries. I like him though. I just feel like if you are going to put all that emphasis on the running game and being physical up front, then get some talented backs. Its not like I hate our situation at RB, but if you are going to make it a strength make it a super strength. Get a premier back or two that can maximize the great line you’ve built. This is even more important if they decide to ride with Goff.

I think we need a premier running game more than a premier running back, but the principle is the same.

Have you looked at DeWayne McBride yet? He might fall in that later round area.

I haven’t. UAB, right? I’ve heard of him but haven’t looked into his tape yet. But if he’s projected to go in that range I definitely will.

Slowly but surely starting to buy into the theory about Ohio State QB’s not being good pro prospects due to the way they’re developed there

If I’m Dom Raiolo might consider telling my son to go somewhere else

This is the sort of game I wanted to see CJ Stroud in, as a Lions fan. Show me you can grit out a win.

Yeah UAB. I’ve only watched highlights. Some say he is more of a shorter yardage guy, but I dunno he looked like more than that in his highlights (but they are highlights).

Seems like it will be a great year to wait on RB & still be able to take one that can help the team. Can’t fault a team for taking Robinson or the Alabama RB. That being said seems like they’ll cost a 1st rounder

I like the direction you’re headed here in the rest of your post talking about the value at that position that can be found rounds 2-5.

Same but for different reasons. I think he’s a gritty kid already. I wanted to see can he go to his 2-3rd read, can he make plays off schedule.

So far it seems like no, right now he’s playing like a no for me as a Lion’s prospect. Several times today when his 1st read hasn’t been there I’ve seen him panic

Did you see the score. I disagree with that statement

I think were saying the same thing. He is very gritty in terms of how hard of a worker he is etc. But I just want to see what he does when he is uncomfortable and everything doesn’t come so easy for him. Like this game. And you are right on, he hasn’t stepped up yet.

1 Like

Problem with osu qbs is that they have great wr. Who become 1st round picks.

1 Like

Yep we are! Thanks for explaining that

The good thing about RB is you can get a good idea of what they do well from their highlights, more so than any other position I think. It’s no substitute for full games (especially for pass-blocking) but the vision, the juice, the long-speed, the toughness, you can generally see all that stuff in a good highlight reel. And aside from pass-blocking they don’t have a lot of other responsibilities (which is why I think they’ve been able to come into the league as rookies and thrive for a long time now).

Lol yep, Marvin Harrison saving this team in a tough road game right now