CGJ fired up - Tracey Walker

Hate to say it but we’ve got our dude back there

Tracey Is gonna be giving us money back next year like Romeo & Big V

10 Likes

I thought it was a slight overpay for TW when they gave him that deal anyway… Hope he bounces back but I don’t think he’s worth $8 million per year.

5 Likes

Accountability for everyone!
Nice that he wants to be a leader and good teammate.
No doubt, he will be.

3 Likes

Everyone on this board thought he was getting 11-13mil a year… i dont remember any complaints when we brought him back at 8mil. He was out best DB at the time

3 Likes

CGJ 4th round
Tracey 3rd round
Kerby 3rd round
Iffy 3rd round
Cam Sutton 3rd round
Will Harris 3rd round
Moesely UDFA
Jacobs UDFA

…Just an FYI for all those who are adamant on us going DB round 1.

We can and will get some nice DBs Day 2 this year. Don’t panic!

8 Likes

And the guys we just picked up were all available, which is my big point about CBs. Even if they turn out to be really good, they tend to be available via trade or free agency more often than most other positions.

1 Like

Ok then what’s he worth ? Before the injury when he signed the deal ?

I don’t know why people think they saw any lions defenders at their best with Patricia to really know how good anybody was

2 Likes

The way he was playing last year, I’m fine with 8 mil. The games before he got hurt he seemed to be the only person playing defense for the Lions.

2 Likes

lmfao, no they didn’t.

1 Like

anyone else find it odd he doesn’t mention Tracey? He mentioned Kerby now a few times, haven’t heard him once say anything about Tracey.

2 Likes

I love that quote. I think Cam Sutton feels the same way.

2 Likes

Can we resign CGJ already? If that’s not a Campbell guy I don’t know who is.

1 Like

There’s room for Tracy in the defensive backfield too with CGJ at nickel. I mean, that omission doesn’t rise to the level of liking a tweet.

3 Likes

He’s going to follow AG to AG’s new team next year when he’s hired as a HC.

2 Likes

Ewww…Unfortunately I can see that happening.

1 Like

Tracey as the 3rd Safety. Will Harris as the dime back.

nice

I thought he was a $5-6 million per year player… That’s what similar players like Bobby McCain or Jayron Kearse signed for, Jordan Whitehead signed for less too coming off a good season. Not a huge overpay, but higher than I thought he was worth… Product of being the best player on a terrible defense I suppose.

1 Like

Really? Everyone thought he was going to get Marcus Williams/Quandre Diggs money? I don’t recall that at all.

I remember people hoping Williams would follow DC and Glenn here from NO… They resigned Walker instead

Me too
Kept it to myself :grinning:

1 Like

then again there’s Jalen Ramsey (1), Patrick Surtain (1), Sauce Gardner (1), etc.
but i agree that this years class is deep and would hold off. We really need a DT and a WR now…those positions aren’t deep at all.