Charlie Campbell 2023 NFL Mock Draft on WalterFootball.com

Porter with the Lions own pick seems chalk, but the selection at No. 4? Surprising, not so much the who, but the where.

3 Likes

I would be fine with this draft. Its a reach and its a position you dont draft in rd 1 anymore unless the guys a franchise changer so if he is and the importance to this team at that position… i would be ok with the pick

4 Likes

Hard to not prefer Murphy imo.

Really hoping the lions are able to land Carter though.

Also, Bresee and Mingo in the 2nd round? :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

For CBs, how they run the 40 at the combine is a factor in the evaluation [for everyone except Bob Quinn, who thought drafting a CB in Rd 2 who had glacial speed was a good idea], so I think that position fluctuates more than most.

1 Like

I would HATE that draft!!!

A RB at #4 OA…. no effing way!

And how does this guy project a smaller edge rusher in round 2 while writing about how terrible he is against the run???
Not a fan……

Also…. not a big fan of a TE in round #2 either.
This draft has some decent options that will be available in the 3rd round… like most drafts. The Lions offense isn’t going to feature any TE with the WRs we have… so no reason to invest too much at the position.

3 Likes

No way RB that early, too many other position needs on D. Go after a RB in FA if not resigning JWill. Or draft one with vikes 2nd rd pick.

2 Likes

Them are my top 2 picks just switched around. I don’t think we get a shot at Carter.

Rather have Tuli Tuipulotu then Will McDonald

Im all in on Robinson. Only back ive ever seen that at least reminds me of Barry. Him behind this oline would make this offense unstoppable, and he would be a hall of famer. Swift is dynamic when he’s healthy, and Williams is dependable, but this guy is a game changer. We dont have a Josh Allen, but with a rb like this I dont think we have to worry about the qb.

7 Likes

Anyone feel like posting it? None of my devices will even let me go to walterfootball anymore, too many viruses. At least tell me who our picks were. I gathered from the responses Bijan at 4 (black) and Porter at our pick.

2 Likes

I haven’t really looked into this draft class yet. But what I do know is a game changing running back would make this offense elite.

Imagine if we had week 1 swift at least 3/4 of the season. I think we need to draft a legit running back in this draft somewhere.

3 Likes

Yes to all of this. Robinson is a stud and would be a 1k runner behind this line. Add Jamo and St Brown and this offense is top 5 yearly. If Carter and Anderson are gone trade back and get Robinson

1 Like

I hate it. I know I’ve speculated Bijan……and it’s worth considering but at 4? Ahead of tyree Wilson? Joey porter is 100% the guy at corner id love to have……

3 Likes

Another brainiac Lion hater hoping Holmes is a moron.
He’s not.
We are not taking a career back with our high first round pick. We have real needs.

RB Bijan at 4
CB Porter at 15
DE McDonald at 46
TE Kincaid at 60

Thanks!

Yeah, I hate it. Porter’s the only one I’d like.

McDonald had a terrible year and for all his athleticism I don’t think he’s going anywhere near that high after bottling his chance to impress.

Kincaid is fine but pass-catching only and frankly there are some other guys around that area I prefer (Musgrave, Kraft, Kuntz). If it’s not Washington, I’m not drafting a TE that high.

And I’ve been over my disdain of highly-drafted RBs ad nauseam, I won’t bore anyone with it any further.

5 Likes

Agree. I love Bijan as a prospect. It’s pretty rare to find 220 lb RBs who can move like that, block well and run routes. But at number four it would be a big risk

2 Likes

Yeah I do too. He’s my #4 overall player as it stands right now, but I’m just philosophically opposed to drafting RBs that high. Even at 15 I wouldn’t take him. But that’s a whole other argument that no one agrees with lol.

1 Like

Kinda odd he’s your # 4 player yet you won’t take him at 15.

1 Like

Until the work ethic rumor is confirmed to be true, completely bombs the offseason process, and the first 3 picks go down like that I’m “currently” drafting Myles Murphy there. I’m guesstimating both Porter and Gonzalez are going to move up draft boards by the time the draft rolls around next year.

2 Likes

It all has to do with the value of RB. Is a RB at #15 going to make THAT much difference than a guy you can get in rounds 3-7? Or even some of these UDFA guys? RB just isn’t that valued of a position and they get injured so much, it seems like the conventional thought is taking one in the first round is kind of out of the ordinary now.