Chauncey Gardner-Johnson a Lion!

I can’t believe he didn’t have better offers than that. Never expected this.

2 Likes

Hypothetically, let’s say Chark will re-up for 2/18m. You are the cap guy. How do you go about getting there?

2 Likes

I think he likely did. Players want what we’re cooking. It feels like we’re living in a bizzarre world but that seems to be reality.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing.

Sutton
Moseley
Jacobs
Harris

Those guys are locks at CB.

CGJ
Walker
Kerby
Moore

Those guys are locks at CB

We likely keep 10. Melifonwu is definitely on the bubble. Okudah will either be on this roster or traded. It doesn’t look like there is enough room to add two DBs in the draft.

2 Likes

Remember when folks thought Free Agency was Brad’s

2 Likes

CB - Sutton …Jacobs … MacMccain

CB- Moesely… Okudah… Hughes?

NB- CGJ… Will Harris…Lucas

S- Tracey … CJ Moore

S- Kerby… Iffy

Draft Darious Rush round 2 as a development CB to take over next year.

Trade Okudah can’t have all these guys on 1 year prove it deals

1 Like

I guess we didn’t want to go into this year starting rookies in the secondary. AG must be feeling some pressure now. Maybe our D rocks this year and we get 3 comp picks for AG too.

1 Like

Im up and drinking, but will wake up like i just won the lottery, or a bad hangover

3 Likes

I think they’d do a $7.9M signing bonus, Base salaries of $1.1M (2023), $8M (2024) and a $1M roster bonus due 03/17/24 and tack on 2 void years. Cash due would be $9M in both years, cap hit would be $3.075m (2023), $10.975M (2024) and $3.95M (2025).

6 Likes

I’m not DeadStroke but, we are sitting at about 18mil, but CGJ, Moseley, CJ Moore and Glasgow’s numbers have not hit yet. Neither has this long snapper, but that’s minimal.

More than likely all these contracts have minimal year 1 hits with void years to spread it out. Wouldn’t surprise me if all those guys take up 8-10mil.

We will be getting relief from Big V and Okwara at some point, IMO.

After that the next two likely sources of cap space are a Decker and Ragnow restructure.

1 Like

And we’re getting two comp thirds once he’s hired as a HC next offseason!

1 Like

Oh the koolaid is getting strong tonight!!!

Trailer Park Boys Beer GIF by hero0fwar

2 Likes

Would you view that as fiscally irresponsible or simply aggressive?

I’m guessing he had better offers

It’s because he wants to come to Detroit just like all the others.

Wait, WHAT?

4 Likes

Deal!!! Sign it Chark, I dare you!

4 - 3rd rounders… 2 for Agnew, 2 for AG

Aggressive.

1 Like

I’m thinking, as some others have stated, that Mosely could start the year on PUP. Hard telling when he’ll actually be in the mix.

3 Likes

Michael J Fox No GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

1 Like