Chris Olave or Garrett Wilson

If you’re after catch radius then it’s London, Pickens, Tolbert or Ross (if you’re okay with the medical), etc.

Wilson is really acrobatic in the air so I get the argument that he plays bigger in contested catch situations but he’s not a monster like Drake London. Conversely London doesn’t separate anywhere close to the same level as Wilson (or Olave).

I’d like one of each (separators and 50/50 guys) to be honest, but I really value readiness so I’d like to get at least one of Bell, London, Wilson or Olave. I think all are ready to be viable number 2s in 2022 and that’s incredibly important to me.

1 Like

With Goff and his 10 yrd long ball, a big slot guy might be best. Run after the catch has got to be a priority when your QB only throws 5 yrds passes . That’s why I like Burks the best for this team. If you draft speedy deep threat he probably won’t see the ball more then once every 3 games. If captain no heart is still here. One of Jared’s longest passes through the air was him throwing it out of bounds on 4th down. But he did do it TWICE

Skyy Moore is gonna vault up draft boards during the pre-draft process.

I doubt Goff is the long term qb of the Detroit lions

I would bet we draft one of:

Corral
Howell
Willis

I like Wilson over Olave

Wilson. I might take Burks over Olave.

1 Like

Carson Strong maybe

Wilson but I like Burks over Wilson

It hadn’t even dawned on me until now that our 2nd round pick is going to be right after our second 1st round pick. So the “worse” the Rams pick, the better understanding we will have of who is going to be available with our next pick (kind of like drafting 9th or 10th in a fantasy snake draft).

Now I am thinking about moving UP with the Rams pick more than ever. I think it takes a 2nd or 3rd round pick to move from 33 up into the 1st round. But to move the Rams pick up to snag a targeted player could cost as little as a 4th or 5th.

I doubt they’re both available where we pick at 1A and the top of round 2. Here are some of our other options, if they’re not there:

People complain about this draft, but this draft is going to be kind to us. Hutchinson is a stud IMO and the WR class is deep and we need WRs. I don’t think this is going to be another Okudah draft for us unless Holmes Fs it up.

I like Wilson BTW. I like him a lot.

1 Like

It also has a lot of depth in the defensive front 7 IMO. With a not great QB class but with some project guys that are projected to go around where we will have 2 picks.

It seems to be lining up better for what we’ll need.

PFF has him at 54. When he runs 4.3s he’ll move up from there.

This made think about the Packers… and the trade up to get Jordan Love at #26.

Packers traded a 4th rounder to move from #30 to #26.

Then I thought… what if they had traded up again… and landed CeeDee Lamb or Justin Jefferson.

It might have cost them a few 3rd round picks… but they would be pretty happy to have those WRs right about now.

2 Likes

Jefferson was mocked to the Packers alot. I was so glad it didn’t happen, football would be even less enjoyable (if thats even possible!).

2 Likes

That’s literally why Rodgers was so pissed off. Imagine the Packers with Jefferson and Adams instead of trading up for Jordan Love. Hate the packers but, that would be insane.

1 Like

Drafting Rodgers with Favre still playing went to their heads. Smartest guy in the room stuff. They played a 2nd time and came out losers. And I love it.

1 Like

If they hit on Love then they’re geniuses. I don’t think they did but I’m not about to conclude that just yet.

Yeah, I still think it was dumb. First, I don’t think Love was the prospect Aaron Rodgers was. And Aaron Rodgers quite frankly is flat out better than Brett Favre ever was. They should be playing for a Superbowl. I wouldn’t take a developmental QB any earlier than the 3rd round if I was them. I think Rodgers was correct about it.

If Love turns out to be a 1st ballot hall of famer… they might have made the right choice.

If they had gone “all in” to maximize their window with Rodgers… and traded up for a WR… they could have won the Super Bowl last year. We’ll never know…but if I was a Green Bay fan… I would be ticked off.

1 Super Bowl is hard to win when you KNOW you have a hall of fame QB… so drafting a project QB in 1st round …when you have the hall of fame QB is absurd.

Nah, if Love is even say a Pro Bowl QB then he’s the more valuable pick simply bc of positional value. They had no assurances that another WR would mean a SB.