Clarifying My Belief Regarding Patricia

I want to put this out for the record as I believe a lot of folks see things like I do:
If Patricia turns in another losing season he and Quinn simply have to be fired.

I am simply not going to watch a team with a losing record anymore. It is time to win.

I am also not expecting an awful season. I expect a winning season,. Competitive ball. Yep, the odds are stacked against Quinn and Patricia at this point. But I have seen glimmers of hope.

The performance on the field will tell the story and if we lose I will join in the firing clock if Patric goes say 6-10 on the season. I have to see a winner now and if the season gets away my interest will be gone. My interest in the Lions may be gone forever too. I don’t even live in MI anymore.

In another post Air noted this is damn near a playoff game and I agree. This one HAS to be a win. Not mathematically but emotionally. You only get 8 home games (and yes this year is different) and this is the Bears AND a division rival. They have killed us the last two seasons and that has to end today. Caldwell was a Bear killer and Patricia has laid down to them. That has to end today.

I am curious to see this unfold as I thunk it is compelling as hell. Win of get fired. ALL of them. And if we win I will support these guys as I am not burying them. I have seen some things that give me hope in the face if terrible odds.

Go Lions!!!

5 Likes

That’s where I am too. No more excuses, I am not convinced that the Patriot Way works if you don’t have Bill Belichick running it. 9 wins is my benchmark, if they don’t make it then it’s time to flush the PW.

3 Likes

It gives me chills hearing you guys talk like this. Wish we could see it more often. :wink:

1 Like

Agreed.

1 Like

If the Lions lose today, stick a fork in them. Season is over. I think their ceiling is 1st round playoff loss, but today will tell us a lot. And yes, if we are drafting top 10 again, Quinn and Patricia should both be gone.

1 Like

That’s where I’m at, except that I’m sticking to my guns that this is the last rebuild I’m going through. If there’s another next year, I’m not going to be around to watch it. Even today there are a few different things that I could be doing if it weren’t for the Lions playing. I’m on the cusp of favoring my other interests over football. A failed Quinn rebuild will push me over the edge.

2 Likes

Just win. And I don’t care HOW we win, I don’t care about Okudah not playing, I don’t care about Golladay not playing…just win.

If they win I am happy, I f they lose the pressure mounts. If they go 0-3 or 0-4 the season is lost. Today is an emotional playoff game but not a mathematical one. This club needs to know that can win under Patricia. Patricia needs to know his players can play in this scheme and the fans deserve a winner.

Just win.

Every week one matters a great deal but this year week one feels HUGE. Just win.

1 Like

Agreed…healthy Stafford, he’s still got plenty of weapons, the O should be good enough to win this. Imo the crux is how the D performs.

1 Like

Agreed. As I have just moved back to Pittsburgh…I’d rather spend my Sunday’s cheering w the family for the Steelers then going through more anguish of a lions blown season.

2 Likes

It is gonna be a long season.

2 Likes

This team is poorly coached and lacks talent. Start the tank NOW

1 Like

Had the chance last year. Fords blew it and kept everyone for zero reason.

1 Like

I’m going to make an early exit. The mood of the board and the number of trolls who are emboldened by losing will make it largely unreadable anyway. If they turn it around I’ll hop back in, but this was as SOL as can be.

3 Likes

It was time to flush last year, Men.

Now it’s plunger time, Men.

Patricia needs to be fired today.

5 Likes

He is an abomination

Why wait for the inevitable?. Fire Patricia now. Lions dump another game based on poor decisions by Patricia. Why do we believe the next 15 games are going to be any different?

1 Like

This isn’t a playoff team. Far from it. AP is the best player on the team. I’m still struggling with how bad that 4 th quarter was.

Playoff team? I’m not sure we’re an NFL team

2 Likes

The one thing I will add is that there is no homefield advantage at all this season. That was really weird.

Still a game the Lions needed to win. Very, very disappointing.